Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did "free" Birth control become a "right"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I keep seeing this on CM and on FB. People talking about how FREE birth control  (from the government) is their RIGHT as a woman? Im curious, how is free BC a right? When did this happen? If people want the government out of their ovaries why do they invite them in by demanding free BC?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Amen to that.

Quoting Gastromama2007:

If you don't agree with my right to choose, at least give me the right to free birth control...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM
So who exactly do people think is paying for this 'free' birth control. People with jobs.
kkps725
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I know right..

Just because I have the right to drive a car doesn't mean I have the right to demand someone to buy me one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

It's not a right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM
5 moms liked this
I've honestly never heard anything about people demanding the government provide free birth control. All I've ever heard is people want their INSURANCE to cover it, which I absolutely agree with.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I'm curious to see the STD/STI rate in a few years. Seems no one is smart enough to know what a condom is these days.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM
This and I agree also

Quoting Anonymous:

I've honestly never heard anything about people demanding the government provide free birth control. All I've ever heard is people want their INSURANCE to cover it, which I absolutely agree with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

A woman has the RIGHT  to choose BC for herself.  However,  no one should have to PAY for her BC but her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Well then that issue needs to be addressed but it doesn't require every insurance company to be required to prvide free bc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really. My last insurance company didn't...

Quoting Anonymous:

They do!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Insurance companies should at least have to cover some of the cost. I used bc for a medical condition long before I ever thought about sex. I hadn't even kissed a boy at that time.

Quoting Anonymous:

The only free birth control that is a right is the right to keep your legs closed and say no. You wanna have sex, you pay for your own damned birth control - that is rightfully YOUR burden, not society's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I think people below a certain IQ should be sterilized....then there would be less people feeling (and being raised) like they're entitled.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)