Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hearing the baby cry pisses me off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
We have some family living with us until they get on their feet. they have a new baby...plus three other kids.

Everytime the newborn fusses, i instantly feel annoyed.

I'm not new to crying babies. I'm expecting my fifth. My kids have never been annoying. So why do i find their baby so irritating?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM
7 moms liked this
you secretly wish they would leave?
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM

because it isnt yours ? maybe your blaming the crying kid for them being there ?

babyblue415
by champagne on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM
3 moms liked this

I feel the same way. you don't mind your own farts but can't stand otehrs lol same with kids i guess :o)

Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Well if your expecting that could add to it for sure. Also that it's not your child. ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I don't like other peoples kids, love my son to death, but unless im getting paid i don't want to deal with anyone else's kids. I used to babysit for free some friends and families kids, and they where little terrors. 

Could also be hormones.

xXxLillithxXx
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM

When I was pregnant I was annoyed by someone elses baby. I hated that I was...I friggen LOVE babies! Made no sense. I started worrying I was gonna have ppd and be annoyed by my own. But that hasn't happened. Its probably just pregnancy hormones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Honestly. I'm a bit annoyed because theyve been here 3 months and neither adult has a job. I feel like theyll be here forever.

Quoting Anonymous:

you secretly wish they would leave?
Liz132
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I don't think it's so much the baby cry as the fact you might be getting sick of them living with you.

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Awee. I almost have sympathy for you. Maybe you should have thought about that before lending a hand to them. Hopefully they find someone else who will sympathize with them, regardless if they find jobs or not. Are you talking to them about how they should, or else you can't offer them anymore hospitality? Maybe you should. They don't deserve you talking shit about them on here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I am not talking shit. I'm posting a confession and asking for a possible explanation for my feelings. I hate feeling this way.

And yes. I have spoken to them.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Awee. I almost have sympathy for you. Maybe you should have thought about that before lending a hand to them. Hopefully they find someone else who will sympathize with them, regardless if they find jobs or not. Are you talking to them about how they should, or else you can't offer them anymore hospitality? Maybe you should. They don't deserve you talking shit about them on here.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured