Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

husband is forcing me to work!! stay at home jobs

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband makes roughly $50,000 annually, plus bonuses. We have a nice home, but we still struggle from week to week. When my child was born we agreed that the most important there thing was for me to stay home and raise her until she is in kindergarten. lately he has been so stressed with bills and Christmas coming. I have been looking for months for a job I can do from home. Im starting to get bitter and jealous of others that are financialy successful.

does anyone know of any good stay at home jobs?

Edit: I have a bachelors degree in business
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
brittany208
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM
3 moms liked this

couponing? its not a job, but cutting back on some things and getting the grocery bill lowered might give you extra breathing room to make him happy, and you can stay home. sell some unnecessary stuff on craigslist? or find a job that you can work nights or just a couple days a week. when DS was a baby, I waitressed a couple nights a week so LO was home with daddy. Now that DS is old enough for preschool, i substitute teach a couple days a week while he's in school.

i know its not what you asked, but i really dont know of any WAHM jobs, so this is what we did that worked well.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Take in some kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I do but the job I'm with now doesn't require one. Odesk is a work at home market.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I work at home. Money is above minimum wage and the job is pretty easy. Look into signing up for odesk.

Do you have a college degree? What are the requirements to work for these people?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rawrmommysaurus
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM
4 moms liked this

PM me, a friend works for a company out of her house, taking phone calls.  (not sure if I can post it here. so PM me.  That goes for anyone else interested also)  She is certified for AAA, but they have others.  Mostly you work as much as you want, but some have stipulations to them. I think just about all of them require 20 hrs a week, Orkin has a mandatory, min. of 8 hours be on monday, AAA has 8 hrs be on a weekend.  things like that.  

I do not work for them, but am seriously considering it.  My friend loves it and her husband works for them also.  He has something like 3 or 4 companies he takes calls for and makes over 60,000 a year.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Bump
workingmommy87
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

You could work nights if he works days.

sthflachk
5 moms liked this
I think you need to handle your money better. You can't support a family of 3 on 50k without struggling? What-the F-ever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
1 mom liked this

have you two looked at the budget really well together?? yes, 50K is a decent income, do you know where it's all going?? 

ashley1693
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM

bump to read the replies. OP good luck.

JZB
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Hmm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)