Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To all my ladies with an invisible illness. ***UPDATE IN RED***

Posted by   + Show Post

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/forfriendsfamily/a/Things-Not-To-Say-To-Someone-With-Fibromyalgia-Or-Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome.htm

everyone should read this. It applies to every invisible illness, and talks about all of them, not just MS. and MS is horrible and an ivisible illness that people who don't have understand, just like chronic pain and chronic fatigue and the side effects of epilepsy.

I created a Facebook page dedicated to Invisible Illness. I am trying to spread the word. Yes I know it seems pointless. But since I can't work or go back to school. I need a hobby and something productive to do. Besides just being a SAHM. I love that part of my life, But I have to have something else too. SO..

Its not much. I just started today. Anyone can add stuff. And if I missed an illness feel free to add it or PM the message box of FB it goes straight to my personal FB.

http://www.facebook.com/InvisibleIllnessLetsGetLoudAboutIt?ref=hl#!/InvisibleIllnessLetsGetLoudAboutIt

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
alwayskk
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I have IBS and Colon damage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mashnut3161
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Lets keep it bumped so we can spread the word. purple ribbon

AshlynnJadesMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I have ulcerative colitis and have been having a really hard time with it lately. I am on predinisone which is making me so tired and out of it that I can't even think. Not to mention I am blowing up like a whale making me really depressed. Taking 22 pills a day and feeling like crap is hard to deal with sometimes even more so since no one really understands.:(
Mashnut3161
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I also forgot to add that I am in the process of being officially diagnosed with osteoporosis. I just have to wait for the final bone density test next week. But its a lock. They just need it for insurance purposes.

Mashnut3161
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Quoting AshlynnJadesMom:

I have ulcerative colitis and have been having a really hard time with it lately. I am on predinisone which is making me so tired and out of it that I can't even think. Not to mention I am blowing up like a whale making me really depressed. Taking 22 pills a day and feeling like crap is hard to deal with sometimes even more so since no one really understands.:(

I understand. Because all my stuff. i take 19 pills a day. I am ballooned out. my colon is messed up, they can't figure it out. thats the one thing they can't diagnose.

Mashnut3161
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM

BUMP!

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Crohn's and PCOS. I'm a mess. My doctor's fairly certain I have MS as well.

Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

To all the beautiful Mamas suffering with these diseases... ((((hugs))))

StarLight23
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I have PCOS which causes insulin resistance (which will later progress into Type 2 diabetes). I also have an Attention Deficit Disorder.

Nobody can see these and it's not fun when people think you're soo gosh darn healthy. You want to say .. I'm sick darn it..

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM

It took me a long time to admit my symptoms. . I was so embarrassed to admit I get fatigued. I felt I was slacking in my duties to take time off to nap and recharge. I don't anymore! 

*edit to add i have an RA/Lupus combo. :/ 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)