Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To all my ladies with an invisible illness. ***UPDATE IN RED***

Posted by   + Show Post

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/forfriendsfamily/a/Things-Not-To-Say-To-Someone-With-Fibromyalgia-Or-Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome.htm

everyone should read this. It applies to every invisible illness, and talks about all of them, not just MS. and MS is horrible and an ivisible illness that people who don't have understand, just like chronic pain and chronic fatigue and the side effects of epilepsy.

I created a Facebook page dedicated to Invisible Illness. I am trying to spread the word. Yes I know it seems pointless. But since I can't work or go back to school. I need a hobby and something productive to do. Besides just being a SAHM. I love that part of my life, But I have to have something else too. SO..

Its not much. I just started today. Anyone can add stuff. And if I missed an illness feel free to add it or PM the message box of FB it goes straight to my personal FB.

http://www.facebook.com/InvisibleIllnessLetsGetLoudAboutIt?ref=hl#!/InvisibleIllnessLetsGetLoudAboutIt

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Replies (151-159):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Bump for later.
masonsmommy107
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't but my ds (6) has epilepsy I had to jump on a grown man on Halloween for pointing a strobe light at ds I know just looking at him you can't tell but it's just a better idea to not point strob lights In the face of people you don't know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mashnut3161
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes epilepsy can kill you, I am not discounting that many illnesses have a fatal potential. Im just saying you cantjudge what OTHERS are going thru until you have walked in their shoes. Isn't that esentially what thispost is about anyways? Raising awareness about illness. That sometimes a person can LOOK fine but really they are NOT.  I have heart disease as well. My mother passed away at 51 due to heart diease. We all have struggles and nobody should stand there and say one illness is worse than another etc...... it's hurtful to those you are slighting.. as it has been hurtful to YOU having been slighted. It's like the pot calling the kettle black KWIM?

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Quoting Anonymous:

I  have a shit load of problems but Ill tell you what... Ill take all this pain and suffering over lukemia ANY DAY. See I have pain etc but my illness isnt slowly killing me. Thryoid malfunction, arthritis etc isn't a terminal illness ... can you imagine the MIND FUCK a person goes through when they have CANCER!? I had a scare recently they thought I had colon cancer... you have NO IDEA how mentally "ill" and stressed out I was worrying that I had a fatal illness....... Some things ARE worse than others regardless of the level of physical suffering.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I'm saying if people care, no matter how they show it, suck it up an be grateful.

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh suck it up.
I have Lukemia and none of these would offend.

are you trying to be mean or sympathetic? Are you trying to say that you are somehow worse off because you have leukemia that all these people couldn't possibly be suffering as much as you?

well good for you, but its just a guess out of which one of a couple of mine are gonna kill me. Yes I fell bad for everyone and I am not trying to say that we are worse. I am trying to spread awareness. Some people get over looked because all you ever see is cancer. I have epilepsy and that can kill me. I have heart disease and that can kill me. But then again. I am on CM and everyone and everything gets caught up and drama( including myself) sorry to the anon with leukemia. My purpose is to spread awareness)

well if you are the person with Leukemia. I have apologized once, and I will again and again. If your not and you came on here running your mouth in a negative manner and didn't bother to join in. Then yes. I will attack. Don't like it. Well you know how to leave a post. You have a brain. Your a grown woman.

Mashnut3161
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/116360

This is a link to a group that I started so people can talk openly with out drama. I myself Am controlling it. I am not going to fight with anyone. If I see negativity. I will email the person once. If they violate it again. I will block them from the group. Also I will delete them out of any post. Feel free to go over there to apply.. Yes I make people apply to weed out the POOOPY HEADS( cause yes, Some of you make me act 5)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Umm I guess maybe I should have NOT posted anon.. since I have participated before I "ran my fucking mouth" I am the one who has Graves disease, fibromyalgia, diabetes, diabetc neurpopathy, degenerative disc disease, severe narrowing of my spinal canal , hearts disease (specificly hardening of t he arteries). I know what its like to LOOK fine on the outside and be sick as a dog...... And I am NOT the one with leukemia, and yes you did apologize. :) I am not trying to pick any fights. Im am stating my opinion....

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes epilepsy can kill you, I am not discounting that many illnesses have a fatal potential. Im just saying you cantjudge what OTHERS are going thru until you have walked in their shoes. Isn't that esentially what thispost is about anyways? Raising awareness about illness. That sometimes a person can LOOK fine but really they are NOT.  I have heart disease as well. My mother passed away at 51 due to heart diease. We all have struggles and nobody should stand there and say one illness is worse than another etc...... it's hurtful to those you are slighting.. as it has been hurtful to YOU having been slighted. It's like the pot calling the kettle black KWIM?

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Quoting Anonymous:

I  have a shit load of problems but Ill tell you what... Ill take all this pain and suffering over lukemia ANY DAY. See I have pain etc but my illness isnt slowly killing me. Thryoid malfunction, arthritis etc isn't a terminal illness ... can you imagine the MIND FUCK a person goes through when they have CANCER!? I had a scare recently they thought I had colon cancer... you have NO IDEA how mentally "ill" and stressed out I was worrying that I had a fatal illness....... Some things ARE worse than others regardless of the level of physical suffering.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I'm saying if people care, no matter how they show it, suck it up an be grateful.

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh suck it up.
I have Lukemia and none of these would offend.

are you trying to be mean or sympathetic? Are you trying to say that you are somehow worse off because you have leukemia that all these people couldn't possibly be suffering as much as you?

well good for you, but its just a guess out of which one of a couple of mine are gonna kill me. Yes I fell bad for everyone and I am not trying to say that we are worse. I am trying to spread awareness. Some people get over looked because all you ever see is cancer. I have epilepsy and that can kill me. I have heart disease and that can kill me. But then again. I am on CM and everyone and everything gets caught up and drama( including myself) sorry to the anon with leukemia. My purpose is to spread awareness)

well if you are the person with Leukemia. I have apologized once, and I will again and again. If your not and you came on here running your mouth in a negative manner and didn't bother to join in. Then yes. I will attack. Don't like it. Well you know how to leave a post. You have a brain. Your a grown woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Chronic joint pain has been proven to be from diet. Eliminate all artificial sweetners from your diet and see what happens. Google and read about the harmful effects of Equal.

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Really then explain to me why my group of doctors wont just throw this dianosis at me although I have severe pain that they themselves cannot pinpoint. Yet they wont dianose it. They feel its real.

Quoting Anonymous:

No it's not. It's what the doctor tells you you have to pacify you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Fibromyalgia is a sickness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Sorry for those who are suffering. May your life improve.

but... I have to LOL @ "Poopy Heads" remark.

LOL.... Welcome to the Poopy Heads Group!

Mashnut3161
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:20 AM

BUMP!

Mashnut3161
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:36 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured