Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To all my ladies with an invisible illness. ***UPDATE IN RED***

Posted by   + Show Post

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/forfriendsfamily/a/Things-Not-To-Say-To-Someone-With-Fibromyalgia-Or-Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome.htm

everyone should read this. It applies to every invisible illness, and talks about all of them, not just MS. and MS is horrible and an ivisible illness that people who don't have understand, just like chronic pain and chronic fatigue and the side effects of epilepsy.

I created a Facebook page dedicated to Invisible Illness. I am trying to spread the word. Yes I know it seems pointless. But since I can't work or go back to school. I need a hobby and something productive to do. Besides just being a SAHM. I love that part of my life, But I have to have something else too. SO..

Its not much. I just started today. Anyone can add stuff. And if I missed an illness feel free to add it or PM the message box of FB it goes straight to my personal FB.

http://www.facebook.com/InvisibleIllnessLetsGetLoudAboutIt?ref=hl#!/InvisibleIllnessLetsGetLoudAboutIt

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
lillsmom09
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:00 AM
RA and fibro here. I have heard all of it before. My favorite was always, "you are too young". Guess not being I was diagnosed at 13 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mashnut3161
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Im going to take a risk here. But there are people posting anon. I created a group for us. Kinda a support group, where we can go and chat and help each other. I hope I don't get in trouble for putting the link out in another group. I just don't want to go to each person individually.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/116360

4noodles4me
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Texas

Quoting jillian_G1:

Quoting 4noodles4me:

I have severe Graves Disease. People just think I am too small (102 lbs). They have no clue. Its hell

Where do you live?? Just curious I have a cousin on my moms side who has Graves' disease.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
I have sickle cell disease. Does it talk about that?
KedrynsMommie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Thank you for sharing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mashnut3161
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have sickle cell disease. Does it talk about that?

that would apply

Cpdsptchgrl
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Mine is chronic pain from a neck injury and PTSD. Don't have time to look at it now, but bump for later.
elfling811
by Niki on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM
I was just diagnosed with MS today. I also have fibromyalgia along with neuropathy following chemotherapy.

Thank you for posting this. It is a very good article!
Sassy01
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:09 AM
I have RA,, its a daily struggle for me just to get out of bed some days.
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I have Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome, Bipolar and Chronic Migraines. Add into the mix of raising a special needs child-my oldest is autistic, and i'm even MORE exhausted! i want to HIGH FIVE all the other mommas out there who go through similar issues-it is such a struggle and takes a lot of inner strength! <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured