Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Soooo......HOW MUCH MONEY DID MR. ROMNEY SPENT ON HIS CAMPAIGN ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$3$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:30 AM

ladybugist
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM

When Hillary ran in 2008 she has a hugh debt , but when the election was over Obama paid it off with tax payer money--I believe it was about 2 mil.

--it was said that Obama hasn't had a commerce person in 4 mouths so maybe he could give that job to Romney.  He said he wanted to have a meeting with Romney to get some ideas--isn't that sweet he wants Romney to give him info so he can call it his own---give credit where credit is due.

momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 4allmom:

Facts to back it up, have you been hiding under his coat tail? That was common knownledge how many videos  that man was caught thumping his chest about how poor obama people are? I mean come on, I'm not saying  the best man to won, because I don't agree with a lot of his views, i'm saying the man didn't win shouldn't have. I got sick of Romney and Ryan looking down on "you people". and fyi I'm happy I can still get my abc's on I thank God he wasn't able rid our children of SS..

The Huffington Post wrote that “Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit that produces the show ‘Sesame Street,’ made $46.9 million in revenue from licensing Big Bird, Elmo, the Cookie Monster and other characters in 2011, according to financial statements. This money helped pay the salaries of 1,320 employees.”

The federal subsidy of Sesame Street is only about 12% of SS's income.  Indeed, the show would have gone on, but without federal subsidies and with some cutbacks to employee's income (most likely). 

The thing that everyone should understand is that we are borrowing from China and paying interest in order to pay our bills.  I think we can all agree that, with the debt the way it is, we are going to have to make some tough cut backs.  But NO ONE wants *their* interests cut, right?  People scream about cuts to Medicare, military pay, social security, entitlement programs, education, public broadcasting, road work, and on and on and on.

What Romney was saying was that we were going to have to make some tough calls.  We cannot continue on this current path.  Romney's call to cut federal subsidies to Sesame Street was NEVER going to be the end of Big Bird.  But if you listened to the alphabet news stations you were never told that bit of information were you?

So, knowing that cuts have to be made or else we are bankrupt, literally, in a very, very few years, what do you propose we cut?  Or do you think the solution is to continue to raise taxes? And how much and for how long do you think these massive tax hikes can go on before the ~gasp~ wealthy are simply out of money? 

"May we always be happy and may our enemies always know it." ~ Irish Toast

4allmom
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I wrote a reply, and now I don't see it. Wow, but in lamer terms, I think you proved my point, I'm not going to get into red or blue your facts are better than mine. I don't need to be force fed the Romney way, had a better man ran,  a man that had  principle and not entitlement and not try to use his the fact he's a morman so it is ridden in stone antics. things would've turned out different.

amandae21
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Did.. spent??

Obama supporter. Go fig.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM

The real question you should be asking is: how much money (your money) did Obama spend/waste in the last 4 years!!!

And if you are going to reply with the old "it takes time and money to fix the mess" then save it. I dont buy it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM

time to start learning how to speak chinese 

Quoting momof6nokc:

Quoting 4allmom:

Facts to back it up, have you been hiding under his coat tail? That was common knownledge how many videos  that man was caught thumping his chest about how poor obama people are? I mean come on, I'm not saying  the best man to won, because I don't agree with a lot of his views, i'm saying the man didn't win shouldn't have. I got sick of Romney and Ryan looking down on "you people". and fyi I'm happy I can still get my abc's on I thank God he wasn't able rid our children of SS..

The Huffington Post wrote that “Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit that produces the show ‘Sesame Street,’ made $46.9 million in revenue from licensing Big Bird, Elmo, the Cookie Monster and other characters in 2011, according to financial statements. This money helped pay the salaries of 1,320 employees.”

The federal subsidy of Sesame Street is only about 12% of SS's income.  Indeed, the show would have gone on, but without federal subsidies and with some cutbacks to employee's income (most likely). 

The thing that everyone should understand is that we are borrowing from China and paying interest in order to pay our bills.  I think we can all agree that, with the debt the way it is, we are going to have to make some tough cut backs.  But NO ONE wants *their* interests cut, right?  People scream about cuts to Medicare, military pay, social security, entitlement programs, education, public broadcasting, road work, and on and on and on.

What Romney was saying was that we were going to have to make some tough calls.  We cannot continue on this current path.  Romney's call to cut federal subsidies to Sesame Street was NEVER going to be the end of Big Bird.  But if you listened to the alphabet news stations you were never told that bit of information were you?

So, knowing that cuts have to be made or else we are bankrupt, literally, in a very, very few years, what do you propose we cut?  Or do you think the solution is to continue to raise taxes? And how much and for how long do you think these massive tax hikes can go on before the ~gasp~ wealthy are simply out of money? 

4allmom
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I know exactly how much of my money Obama spent, I got it all back at the end of the year, give a little get a lot back. I'm one of those that realize I have to give a little more to help, and i'm good with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM
How much of your money will Obama spend the next 4 years?
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Mandarin is my suggestion.

Quoting Anonymous:

time to start learning how to speak chinese 

Quoting momof6nokc:

Quoting 4allmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)