Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you shoot the neighbor's dog? WWYD? POLL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 235 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you shoot the neighbors dog?

Options:

No.

Yes.

Other, please explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 210

View Results

We moved to a very rural area back in Aug. We literally only have one neighbor we can see. We have four acres. We have four cats and a dog. The neighbors we can see have several dogs, no cats.

A few weeks ago two of the neighbor's dogs came over to my house and attacked my cat right in front of my door. He's okay, but my dog (and my mom's dog) attacked their dogs and ran them off.

We spoke with the owner of the dogs and explained this is not okay, her animals need to be contained if they will not stay on her property. She has several acres, so there is no reason for her dogs to ever be on our property. Especially if they're mean.She said okay. She also admitted that her Boxer does kill cats, he's killed every one she's ever gotten. (Why keep getting them, genius? Gah!)

The very next day, her boxer (the mean dog of the bunch) was back on our property. I threw rocks at him.

I'm livid, he's been back on our property many times since I talked with her and I'm at the point now where I'm so mad I'm considering shooting him. We warned her that if he attacked again, he would be shot. She apparently doesn't care. She used to have about 4 Boston terriers, but she is down to one because she let them all get hit by cars over the last year or so (my mom lives on the property too and saw this).

I am such an animal lover, I hate to shoot anything, but I can't have an animal like that coming on my property. I have two toddlers that play outside sometimes.The boxer was back on my property again today, and I fired a warning shot. Oh, and I have checked with the sheriff's department and it is completely legal to shoot someone's dog if they're on your property posing a threat.

Keep in mind, there is no pound or animal control here what so ever. I already thought of that and there's nothing I can do in that way.

What would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Put some broken glass in meatballs and give it to the dogs..jk, it sounds better than shooting though. 

CrickettyBoo
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
no. instead give him a bud Brownie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michellina11234
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Blame the owner, not the breed. Call the cops and see wha they say.

andersongirl562
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM
4 moms liked this
No I would load it up and drop off at the nearest pound even if I had to drive a ways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM
5 moms liked this
How does that sound better? Slow painful death vs quick?

OP, shoot the fucker.

Quoting Anonymous:

Put some broken glass in meatballs and give it to the dogs..jk, it sounds better than shooting though. 

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM

you have no animal control, really?  then, yes, shoot it. 

LuLuThatsWho
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM

That's tough.  If there really is no one to call, then I guess that she isn't leaving you much choice!

crazysheep
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM
3 moms liked this
I would speak to her again and inform her that you had to fire a warning shot and next time there will be no warning. If she cares for the animal, she will address the situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Wtf? One shot is worse than slowly bleeding to death from the inside while being in extreme pain?

Quoting Anonymous:

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I would warn her first if her dog comes on your property and tries to attack one of your animals you will shoot to kill and then do it. Dh had a neighbor whose dog kept attacking his show cattle he told them that the dog kept doing it so he shot and killed it called them told them to come pick up the body. They called the cops and the cops said sorry he was in his right to
Shoot your dog.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN