Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

questions about Twilight

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 120 Replies

I am doing a little survey for a paper and since this is the most active group i am in, here it is :)

Have you read the twilight series and/or watched the movies? do you plan on ever doing so? What is your opinion of the relationship of Jacob,Bella and Edward and each as individuals in both the movies and books? Based on your perceptions of their relationship, is it one you would want for yourself or your child ( not involving the supernatural, just the base relationship and how it would be irl)  

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polyhymia
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:44 AM

BUMP!

pixiedust11
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM
3 moms liked this
I read twilight before it was famous. ( I'm mega book worm) I was in 10th grade I've seen the movies but on tv I dnt pay to see movies I know what's going to happen. the way the book is set up is very disappointing. almost like the character of the child was introduced so that Jacob wouldn't End up alone. the love triangle doesn't really make sense because its obvi she will end with Edward. n about the paret child relationship .... what relationship. lol felt like the author rushed to end the book thus ruining the whole series.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Michellina11234
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM

eh they were ok books, the movies I found stupid

pixiedust11
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
PS- she will never in her wildest dreams b JK Rowling. ever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
polyhymia
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Quoting pixiedust11:

I read twilight before it was famous. ( I'm mega book worm) I was in 10th grade I've seen the movies but on tv I dnt pay to see movies I know what's going to happen. the way the book is set up is very disappointing. almost like the character of the child was introduced so that Jacob wouldn't End up alone. the love triangle doesn't really make sense because its obvi she will end with Edward. n about the paret child relationship .... what relationship. lol felt like the author rushed to end the book thus ruining the whole series.

What I meant was how  would you feel if say you had  a daughter who was with a person like edward? Jacob? Also the dynamic between the characters of bell edward and jacob. It seems to me that bella really is a blank character, controlled by the other two. but I was just wondering what others thought. 

polyhymia
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Quoting pixiedust11:

PS- she will never in her wildest dreams b JK Rowling. ever.

agree 100%

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Read it, didnt like it, will never let my daughter touch it. Did you know Edward and Bella's relationship meets all 15 signs of a domestic abuse relationship? Why on earth would I want my kid to think that if her boyfriend left her it is ok to jump off a cliff. Oh no I will not allow that book at all horrible female role model. Give me Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley any day. Their boys left them and they defeated a dark lord.
Kitschy
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL I came in to talk about anesthesia. Carry on!

polyhymia
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Quoting Michellina11234:

eh they were ok books, the movies I found stupid

but what about the actual relationships involved? do you think young readers ( really young, the books were very simple) look at the relationship between bella and edward or bella and jacob as "real"?

polyhymia
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Read it, didnt like it, will never let my daughter touch it. Did you know Edward and Bella's relationship meets all 15 signs of a domestic abuse relationship? Why on earth would I want my kid to think that if her boyfriend left her it is ok to jump off a cliff. Oh no I will not allow that book at all horrible female role model. Give me Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley any day. Their boys left them and they defeated a dark lord.

haha that's exactly what i am writing about, the romanticising of teen dating violence in the media :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)