Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

questions about Twilight

Posted by   + Show Post

I am doing a little survey for a paper and since this is the most active group i am in, here it is :)

Have you read the twilight series and/or watched the movies? do you plan on ever doing so? What is your opinion of the relationship of Jacob,Bella and Edward and each as individuals in both the movies and books? Based on your perceptions of their relationship, is it one you would want for yourself or your child ( not involving the supernatural, just the base relationship and how it would be irl)  

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (111-120):
SlightlyPerfect
Don't let people fool you. Everything they do is by design.
Today at 8:17 AM
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM

You're just jealous because you don't sparkle and no one treats you like a child.

Just wait til Izzy brings her first boyfriend home...

Quoting do11face:

I've only seen the movies and they are laughably terrible. As in, I literally LOLd at some parts that were supposed to be serious.

Although this last one wasn't quite as terrible.

Oh and hell no I wouldn't want myself or my child in a relationship like that.

slightlyperfect

do11face
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
She would kick them in the balls if any boy treated her that way. You don't mess with Izzy. ; )

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

You're just jealous because you don't sparkle and no one treats you like a child.

Just wait til Izzy brings her first boyfriend home...

Quoting do11face:

I've only seen the movies and they are laughably terrible. As in, I literally LOLd at some parts that were supposed to be serious.

Although this last one wasn't quite as terrible.

Oh and hell no I wouldn't want myself or my child in a relationship like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
surromama
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I am a Twihard, love them all. As for the relationships, they are very strong and supportive. There is much love between Bella and the guys. I would love if my daughter was in love with a boy who loved her as much as they do. I would feel bad for the other boy (Jacob) that her love was purely friendship and he wants more.
Since you said not a supermatural relationship, the people mentioning above about him leaving and her jumping off a cliff, well that wouldn't happen because the reasons they did those things wouldn't exist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I have read the books and have seen the movies. Bella is an idiot. Edward is a psycho. Jacob was the only normal one. If my dd ever acted like Bella or brought a boy home like Eddy, we'd have serious problems. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Ive done both. Imo having a team Edward or team Jacob is dumb, as she never considered Jacob. Her heart always belonged to Edward. Jacob was meant to be with Renesmee in the long run.
Pnukey
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Bella has daddy issues.

caito
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Yes, I read the books. Yes, I saw the first film. I dislike the entire franchise and gave away my books to my eleven year old neighbor awhile back.

Jacob is a confused werewolf who becomes a glorified pedo. Sexual attraction to a child is not cool. 

Bella is a codependent whiny ass who drops everything for a predator the minute she meets him. I don't like the way she's willing to give up her entire life for one man, and actually does so. I think she's a terrible role model for young women.

Edward is a pedophile and sexual predator. He's also not a vampire. Enough said.

Pnukey
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Quoting caito:

***Jacob is a confused werewolf who becomes a glorified pedo. Sexual attraction to a child is not cool.  ***I would like to make this the exception to my "Jacob is the only normal one" statement from above. The whole imprinting on Renesmee thing was kind of sick, even though I know it doesn't have to be a sexual imprinting.***

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I loved that he imprinted. He will always be part of Bella's family. Hell be a brother to Renesmee now and more later. There is nothing pedophile about how imprinting was explained in the book.

Quoting Pnukey:

Quoting caito:

***Jacob is a confused werewolf who becomes a glorified pedo. Sexual attraction to a child is not cool.  ***I would like to make this the exception to my "Jacob is the only normal one" statement from above. The whole imprinting on Renesmee thing was kind of sick, even though I know it doesn't have to be a sexual imprinting.***

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

While reading the books (while I was still a fangirl) I agree that Jacob seemed normal. I kind of pitied him because he cared for Bella but she kept wetting her panties over Edward. But then Breaking Dawn happened and everything got incessantly WEIRD.

Quoting Pnukey:

Quoting caito:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN