Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

questions about Twilight

Posted by   + Show Post

I am doing a little survey for a paper and since this is the most active group i am in, here it is :)

Have you read the twilight series and/or watched the movies? do you plan on ever doing so? What is your opinion of the relationship of Jacob,Bella and Edward and each as individuals in both the movies and books? Based on your perceptions of their relationship, is it one you would want for yourself or your child ( not involving the supernatural, just the base relationship and how it would be irl)  

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
Heather_309
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I read Twilight. Yes, I have seen all of the movies. I will be seeing the last one, simply because I've watched all the rest. I'm excited that it is coming to an end. It's time to lay it to rest.

As a mom, I would never want my child in a relationship like that. It's a possessive and abusive relationship. Edward does not want Bella out of his sight (possessive), He tells her not to do this or that (controlling), if Bella is in danger, Edward appears (stalked). There's no breathing room in their relationship. She's weak, needy, and obviously has low self esteem to be so fixated on him. Edward is possessive, controlling, and he is a stalker.

Now Jacob, he's a little better than Edward but not by much. He isn't much of a stalker. He is tempermental which could be a big red flag.

I watch the movies for entertainment. I'm also 28 and old enough to know that a relationship like the ones is Twilight are unhealthy on so many levels. To a teenager or pre-teen, I would worry about the effects it would have on their self image, and beliefs for how a true loving relationship should be.

With that said Nov.16, let's have a R.I.P. Twilight party!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Yes. Yes you are

Quoting MrsRi:

Twilight- A bunch of sparkly pedophiles running around.  One said character falls in love with and dominates a young virginal character.  Gets girl pregnant and tries to force her to have an abortion.  She has a baby, Jacob realizes he can't have Bella and instead falls in love with a newborn and creepily watches her come of age or close enough to it so he can bang his substitute Bella.

Am I close?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM

i have read Breaking Dawn, but the first three no. and I have watched all the movies.

Kmansfield
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM
I have read all the books and seen all the movies I am a huge fan.
I think the relationship with Bella and Edward is great they live each other and of course I would want my child to have a relationship like that. As for Bella and Jackb there best friends and are very close so he's I would want my child to have a best friend like that.
Kmansfield
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM
No you are not.
polyhymia
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Quoting Heather_309:

Yes, I read Twilight. Yes, I have seen all of the movies. I will be seeing the last one, simply because I've watched all the rest. I'm excited that it is coming to an end. It's time to lay it to rest.

As a mom, I would never want my child in a relationship like that. It's a possessive and abusive relationship. Edward does not want Bella out of his sight (possessive), He tells her not to do this or that (controlling), if Bella is in danger, Edward appears (stalked). There's no breathing room in their relationship. She's weak, needy, and obviously has low self esteem to be so fixated on him. Edward is possessive, controlling, and he is a stalker.

Now Jacob, he's a little better than Edward but not by much. He isn't much of a stalker. He is tempermental which could be a big red flag.

I watch the movies for entertainment. I'm also 28 and old enough to know that a relationship like the ones is Twilight are unhealthy on so many levels. To a teenager or pre-teen, I would worry about the effects it would have on their self image, and beliefs for how a true loving relationship should be.

With that said Nov.16, let's have a R.I.P. Twilight party!

thank you :)what do you think would be a good solution to this type of relationship being shown to younger people? 

yes! we can all watch harry potter haha

Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I would want my daughter with a guy like Jacob. He is tolerant and even when he knows he won't be chosen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
polyhymia
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I've watched the movies, and enjoy the movies, but the love triangle isn't something I've thought about with too much depth. It's just a movie. I guess in real life, I certainly wouldn't want my teenage daughter being consumed by a love affair between two guys. I'd want her only focus to be her education at that age.

haha, thats good :) 

Holland04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Yes I have watched the movies ( recently). Jacob and Bella have a complicated friendship. He wants more but she's obviously head over heels in love with Edward. Watching the movie shows that he just like Edward would do anything to keep Bella safe. Bella's relationship with Edward is extremely intense. He loves her with all his soul ***not sure if he has a soul since he's dead**. The relationship evolved slowly at first until he opened up to share his secret. I think Edward and Bella's relationship is one that is simliar to one that everyone has experienced or seen in their lifetime. I would love for my DS to have a friendship so deep that he would do anything to protect and let that person know he cared for them. 

The.Hug.Life
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)