Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anybody else ever fantasize about running away, or is it just me? Edit: Whoa! This post blew up! I'm going to try to catch up on the replies...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 317 Replies
16 moms liked this

The baby is SO needy right now, I hardly ever get to even put her down, so when I do, I'm constantly doing chores. I almost never get to relax. Plus, the two older ones bicker constantly and it stresses me out SO much. Plus the dh is very unhelpful and unnapreciative. He acts like I have it easy being a sahm. What he doesn't know is my life was MUCH easier when I was working outside the home before I had this baby. I went to work and basically got paid to mostly sit around reading  magazines, and sometimes fixing someone's hair and having a nice little chat. That's MUCH more pleasant than dealing with a fussy baby, bickering children, dirty toilets and an unnapreciative dh all day.

Sometimes I fantasize about what it would be like to just run away. If nothing else, it would make dh appreciate me and realize the value of what I do around here. Plus, it'd be nice to just do whatever I WANT all day for a change. I've forgotten what that's even like. I wouldn't, of course, I love my family with everything I have, and everytime I see that big smile baby girl gives me, I know it's all worth it. Sometimes when she's being particularly difficult I'll tell her, "You know, you're a pain in the butt, but even if taking care of you were 1000 times harder, I'd still be grateful I had you, because Mommy LOVES you!"

Do you think I could get away with dissapearing for a week and coming back claiming amnesia? LOL! J/K.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM
24 moms liked this
I do everyday. So you aren't alone.
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I know exactly how you feel, I've been there many a time. I think we all feel this way at some point. I can promise you it gets better, though :) if not, you and I can go to the Bahamas for a week or two, okay? :P
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I do and I think we all feel that way at some point.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel the same way at times. It's totally normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this

It's a deal. :P

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

I know exactly how you feel, I've been there many a time. I think we all feel this way at some point. I can promise you it gets better, though :) if not, you and I can go to the Bahamas for a week or two, okay? :P

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Every day. But i would never come back
mom2bell
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Haha, yeah I do often!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I have 3 kids and I think about running away all the time!! 'Course I never would cuz I love my kids, but still...dreaming about it is ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Yeah. I do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Being a mom with older kids ..I most definitely have days I want to run away. Truth be told with my older ones leaving recently, trying to overcome some huge marital issues I have given a lot of thought to leaving. The biggest reason I am still here is I have to put on a happy face for a few more years til the younger kids are old enough to be on their own, at that point I really think I will vanish from all around me. (I may keep in touch with my kids though, just not anyone else involved in my life)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN