Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anybody else ever fantasize about running away, or is it just me? Edit: Whoa! This post blew up! I'm going to try to catch up on the replies...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The baby is SO needy right now, I hardly ever get to even put her down, so when I do, I'm constantly doing chores. I almost never get to relax. Plus, the two older ones bicker constantly and it stresses me out SO much. Plus the dh is very unhelpful and unnapreciative. He acts like I have it easy being a sahm. What he doesn't know is my life was MUCH easier when I was working outside the home before I had this baby. I went to work and basically got paid to mostly sit around reading  magazines, and sometimes fixing someone's hair and having a nice little chat. That's MUCH more pleasant than dealing with a fussy baby, bickering children, dirty toilets and an unnapreciative dh all day.

Sometimes I fantasize about what it would be like to just run away. If nothing else, it would make dh appreciate me and realize the value of what I do around here. Plus, it'd be nice to just do whatever I WANT all day for a change. I've forgotten what that's even like. I wouldn't, of course, I love my family with everything I have, and everytime I see that big smile baby girl gives me, I know it's all worth it. Sometimes when she's being particularly difficult I'll tell her, "You know, you're a pain in the butt, but even if taking care of you were 1000 times harder, I'd still be grateful I had you, because Mommy LOVES you!"

Do you think I could get away with dissapearing for a week and coming back claiming amnesia? LOL! J/K.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm serious, I'm due for a vacation any year now lol.
Where's your dream vacation to? Mine is Ireland, England or Scotland.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM
3 moms liked this

No, but sometimes I look back at what my life was like before I had kids and kind of miss it. It was kind of nice not having to worry about anyone but myself. If I didn't want to buy groceries, I didn't have to. If I wanted to buy myself something nice, I did. If I wanted to sleep until noon, I did. It was a lot more simple. Life isn't like that anymore, now that I have 2 kids. I can't even remember the last time I did something selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I do. My dd's are teens. I invest heavily in Midol and Tampax. I would love to disappear and come back a week later. Maybe then the little buggers would understand all the crazy shit I do for them. :)

MajorsMom8215
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

You aren't alone... It crosses my mind sometimes, too... but then I think about how my husband would feel, and how my kids would feel, and how I felt growing up without a mom because she ditched when I was two, and I realize... it isn't worth it. Get a sitter and go out this weekend!

peacemom28
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been there meyself. I think you NEED to set aside some time for yourself. Find a sitter and go out to dinner with a friend. Go to a movie. Something. And tell your husband he can get over it. :)

SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Take a break! When you start feeling that way, it's time to take a break! First off though... You need to unteach that baby to be held all day.
It's going to be hard, but it needs to be done. and invest in a good swing with music and the works... My babies LOVED those things, and it gave me a chance to drag it where ever I wanted to go, and put them in it (the kitchen to cook and do dishes, the laundry room to do and fold laundry... as far as the other kids go... how old are they?
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Oh yes. I think we have all been there. I love my kids, but some days we are lucky we are still alive.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy425906
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, quite regularly. When my PPD was really bad I came very close to actually doing it - but with the intention of never coming back. I felt my DH could find a much better wife & mother for the family. Thank God I got help when I did.

But even now I still want to just run away sometimes. I've been a sahm over 2 1/2 yrs now and I'm starting to not enjoy it as much. Maybe its just a phase, maybe not. 

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Yep I have thought about it before too. Wouldn't do it of course. I always feel guilty when I have dreams of my family disappearing or something and me finding a bit of happiness. I never really got to be on my own so it's a "what if" scenerio type dream for me too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Next week, though, I'm going to see the new Twilight movie in the middle of the day! I'm even going to pay their exorbitant prices for a soda and popcorn. Maybe even M&M's! I'm so looking forward to it. I don't have a sitter, so I'm going to have to bring the baby, but I'm really hoping she'll sleep through it, or at least nurse. :) Of course, there's always the possibility I will spend the whole movie pacing outside the theater with her trying to get her to stop crying. :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)