Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anybody else ever fantasize about running away, or is it just me? Edit: Whoa! This post blew up! I'm going to try to catch up on the replies...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The baby is SO needy right now, I hardly ever get to even put her down, so when I do, I'm constantly doing chores. I almost never get to relax. Plus, the two older ones bicker constantly and it stresses me out SO much. Plus the dh is very unhelpful and unnapreciative. He acts like I have it easy being a sahm. What he doesn't know is my life was MUCH easier when I was working outside the home before I had this baby. I went to work and basically got paid to mostly sit around reading  magazines, and sometimes fixing someone's hair and having a nice little chat. That's MUCH more pleasant than dealing with a fussy baby, bickering children, dirty toilets and an unnapreciative dh all day.

Sometimes I fantasize about what it would be like to just run away. If nothing else, it would make dh appreciate me and realize the value of what I do around here. Plus, it'd be nice to just do whatever I WANT all day for a change. I've forgotten what that's even like. I wouldn't, of course, I love my family with everything I have, and everytime I see that big smile baby girl gives me, I know it's all worth it. Sometimes when she's being particularly difficult I'll tell her, "You know, you're a pain in the butt, but even if taking care of you were 1000 times harder, I'd still be grateful I had you, because Mommy LOVES you!"

Do you think I could get away with dissapearing for a week and coming back claiming amnesia? LOL! J/K.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM

yes.

Mehganh
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Can I come with you?! Please!?

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

I know exactly how you feel, I've been there many a time. I think we all feel this way at some point. I can promise you it gets better, though :) if not, you and I can go to the Bahamas for a week or two, okay? :P

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Daily! Anyone who says no is lying to you or to themselves. It does get better  though.

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Quoting Mehganh:

Sure! When I manage to save the money :P

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Mehganh
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Yay! I only need like a 2 year notice. Lol. To get the money, the time, and a baby sitter. Lol!!!

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Quoting Mehganh:

Sure! When I manage to save the money :P

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Mehganh:

Same here, 2 years! Not quite done having babies yet but I'll be done as February hah

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Electronica_Mom
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM

All the time.

.MommyEast.
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I do! ...but I always stay. I'd miss the little shits after a day or two.

1RedHottMama
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:03 PM
No,i'm a clingy needy mom. My DD will be 20 in three weeks and my DS is 16 and we do everything together. DH and I went on a five night cruise a couple of years ago and that was the first and only time we have ever taken a trip without our children. Our children and there friends are usually at our house and we usually have a few extra for vacations as well. I can't imagine how you must feel. My DS was two and a half months premature and we hover over him still to this day. I hope you can get a much needed break even if it's just for an hour.*hug*
rockabillybetty
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Every agonizing second of my life!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)