Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anybody else ever fantasize about running away, or is it just me? Edit: Whoa! This post blew up! I'm going to try to catch up on the replies...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The baby is SO needy right now, I hardly ever get to even put her down, so when I do, I'm constantly doing chores. I almost never get to relax. Plus, the two older ones bicker constantly and it stresses me out SO much. Plus the dh is very unhelpful and unnapreciative. He acts like I have it easy being a sahm. What he doesn't know is my life was MUCH easier when I was working outside the home before I had this baby. I went to work and basically got paid to mostly sit around reading  magazines, and sometimes fixing someone's hair and having a nice little chat. That's MUCH more pleasant than dealing with a fussy baby, bickering children, dirty toilets and an unnapreciative dh all day.

Sometimes I fantasize about what it would be like to just run away. If nothing else, it would make dh appreciate me and realize the value of what I do around here. Plus, it'd be nice to just do whatever I WANT all day for a change. I've forgotten what that's even like. I wouldn't, of course, I love my family with everything I have, and everytime I see that big smile baby girl gives me, I know it's all worth it. Sometimes when she's being particularly difficult I'll tell her, "You know, you're a pain in the butt, but even if taking care of you were 1000 times harder, I'd still be grateful I had you, because Mommy LOVES you!"

Do you think I could get away with dissapearing for a week and coming back claiming amnesia? LOL! J/K.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
momof2girls89
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

All. The. Time. Especially today. I say take a weekend, rent a hotel room or something and Do whatever you want. Don't ask you DH, just tell him you need a break and take one. 

beerabitch69
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM
I was sure thinking about it today.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Who's fantasizing? I've got my Hobo bag packed, picked out a little dog(he of course has an adorable kerchief) and I'm catching the last train to Anywhereville tonight! bye bitches lol

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I dream about running off for a week or so often...lol

Tinker_Jo
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I feel that way a lot. I even fantasize that I have my own little apartment somewhere that I escape to when I feel especially stressed out. I imagine keeping my nice breakable things there, out where it can be seen by me (and not stashed up high in a closet). I know it's silly, but it keeps me happy.

mamalove619
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Yepp I do.
kag1212
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Same here. Only exception is I've worked full time on my feet for most of the 12 hour shifts, the entire time that my kids were young, plus my ex and I divorced when my youngest was 1 and a half, so I definitely had times when I wanted to say hell with my job and family, I need a vacation! Believe me it gets A LIL easier when they get older, idk about hubby though, they hardly ever see understand a moms point of view.
TresHijas111825
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Sometimes.

I'm sure plenty of these perfect, sanctimonious, self righteous bitches will tell you you're an awful human being to so much as HAVE these thoughts-let alone type them out-but I think everyone has had a moment in life where they just want to run screaming for the hills!

I never, ever would though-my babies are super attached to me and the second bed time rolls around I'd be missing them big time. A few months ago, my husband and I went on a much needed weekend getaway and  I missed them SO much!..WE BOTH DID..LOL..We kept saying things like "OMG the girls would love that!". 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I did after DD was born, but it was more I wanted to run away from her dad than I wanted to run away from her. With this baby, I've had to fight with so many people on his right to live and my right to keep him that he will probably never leave my sight for a while.

godsgirl26
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Quoting mom2bell:

Haha, yeah I do often!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)