Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anybody else ever fantasize about running away, or is it just me? Edit: Whoa! This post blew up! I'm going to try to catch up on the replies...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The baby is SO needy right now, I hardly ever get to even put her down, so when I do, I'm constantly doing chores. I almost never get to relax. Plus, the two older ones bicker constantly and it stresses me out SO much. Plus the dh is very unhelpful and unnapreciative. He acts like I have it easy being a sahm. What he doesn't know is my life was MUCH easier when I was working outside the home before I had this baby. I went to work and basically got paid to mostly sit around reading  magazines, and sometimes fixing someone's hair and having a nice little chat. That's MUCH more pleasant than dealing with a fussy baby, bickering children, dirty toilets and an unnapreciative dh all day.

Sometimes I fantasize about what it would be like to just run away. If nothing else, it would make dh appreciate me and realize the value of what I do around here. Plus, it'd be nice to just do whatever I WANT all day for a change. I've forgotten what that's even like. I wouldn't, of course, I love my family with everything I have, and everytime I see that big smile baby girl gives me, I know it's all worth it. Sometimes when she's being particularly difficult I'll tell her, "You know, you're a pain in the butt, but even if taking care of you were 1000 times harder, I'd still be grateful I had you, because Mommy LOVES you!"

Do you think I could get away with dissapearing for a week and coming back claiming amnesia? LOL! J/K.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Replies (311-317):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I am not only frequently wishing I could run away but I am ready for God to call me home when it's my time.  I won't do it on my own but I am ready to leave this pain behind.  It never gets any better no matter what.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Yeah, last Saturday the hubs, the older kids and I went out to see a movie in the theater without the baby. Mom and Dad watched the little monster. I almost couldn't stand it! I was worrying about her the whole time, and worrying about my parents and weather they would still be sane by the time we returned! LOL!

I kept thinking the baby probably thinks we've abandoned her.

Quoting TresHijas111825:

Sometimes.

I'm sure plenty of these perfect, sanctimonious, self righteous bitches will tell you you're an awful human being to so much as HAVE these thoughts-let alone type them out-but I think everyone has had a moment in life where they just want to run screaming for the hills!

I never, ever would though-my babies are super attached to me and the second bed time rolls around I'd be missing them big time. A few months ago, my husband and I went on a much needed weekend getaway and  I missed them SO much!..WE BOTH DID..LOL..We kept saying things like "OMG the girls would love that!". 

missdollysmommy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Honestly, having never been a mom, I can't speak to this but I can say that when I babysat for a weekend, I just about went nuts!  I came home and called my mother asking her how she did it.   I used to babysit so much that I began using the children's terms even though I never planned on it.  I slipped up one day and said to a group of ADULTS that I had to go potty or something like that.  I only talked to Children all the stinking time!   I ended up crying to the parent of the children I babysat and we set a limit.  So, I can TOTALLY understand where you are coming from.   Parents deserve medals if you ask me. 

bellygirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Never!  I can't imagine not being with my children.  My husband and I have three boys and a girl, 8 years old, twins 3 year boys  and a 3 year old niece.  I work full time, and I miss them when I'm not home.  It's crazy at my house.  However, I try and balance it out.  I run, exercise, ride my bike to release my stress.  I love watching them intereact with one another.  Nothing makes me happier than being with my family.  I get overwhelmed and mad, at times.  My twins have always been extremely high maintenance.  However, they are all happy and healthy.  I thank God every single day for them and for my ability to support and care for them.  They are all laying right next to me in my bed and I wouldn't want it any other way.

lizzie490
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM
As moms I think we all have felt that one time or another it is completely normal! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I dream of leaving to sometimes, I love my children but sometimes I just need a break! Or sometimes I even wish I could just die, but then I think about having my MIL raise my children and I say NO WAY!!!! LOL :)

supercarp
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I know someone who actually did this. She took off with some guy and was gone for I don't know how long. Her husband was devastated but soldiered on and raised their 2 kids by himself. She came back and asked him to take her back, but he said no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)