Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anybody else ever fantasize about running away, or is it just me? Edit: Whoa! This post blew up! I'm going to try to catch up on the replies...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The baby is SO needy right now, I hardly ever get to even put her down, so when I do, I'm constantly doing chores. I almost never get to relax. Plus, the two older ones bicker constantly and it stresses me out SO much. Plus the dh is very unhelpful and unnapreciative. He acts like I have it easy being a sahm. What he doesn't know is my life was MUCH easier when I was working outside the home before I had this baby. I went to work and basically got paid to mostly sit around reading  magazines, and sometimes fixing someone's hair and having a nice little chat. That's MUCH more pleasant than dealing with a fussy baby, bickering children, dirty toilets and an unnapreciative dh all day.

Sometimes I fantasize about what it would be like to just run away. If nothing else, it would make dh appreciate me and realize the value of what I do around here. Plus, it'd be nice to just do whatever I WANT all day for a change. I've forgotten what that's even like. I wouldn't, of course, I love my family with everything I have, and everytime I see that big smile baby girl gives me, I know it's all worth it. Sometimes when she's being particularly difficult I'll tell her, "You know, you're a pain in the butt, but even if taking care of you were 1000 times harder, I'd still be grateful I had you, because Mommy LOVES you!"

Do you think I could get away with dissapearing for a week and coming back claiming amnesia? LOL! J/K.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Replies (41-50):
dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM
I have run away before..I just went to Walmart and refused to answer my phone for couple hours. Sometimes you NEED a break
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nolandsmomma
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Who the hell dosent fantasize about it! I do at least once a day. Yes i appreciate my life and my kids but come on sometimes i just need to have a moment to just watch one god forsaken tv show uniterrupted.

But if my husband wasn't helping me i would kick his ass. Yeah my hubby aint perfect and sometimes i need to remind him to do stuff, but for the most part he knows i work my ass off all day long, so he helps me alot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Calgon take me away. LOL
babyboy117
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM
I have had thought about running away with just my son to disney world or something.
CaptainCookie
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Oh, you arent the only one. Would love a weekend away with my love. We could make each other so much happier with more alone time.

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM

lol, hell yes! Not that I ever could or would but have I thought how nice it would be... um, yeah

NikiSellers0806
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:35 AM
We all feel this way at times, its OK! LOL I was longingly gazing at my car today as my 3 yr old was throwing one of her many tantrums today thinking "hmmm I could just get in and drive, listen to my music...ooooh yea!" but I didn't, I was right in the middle if cooking dinner and my short people are quite fond of eating. So I thought "well maybe tomorrow", even though I know it'll be much of the same and I'll still be here....screaming babies and all;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:36 AM
I think it's perfectly normal to feel that way from time to time. And I think we all feel it at least once or twice or ten times! Lol I've thought many times what it would feel like to take off for a whole week and just be alone. Get a hotel somewhere and do nothing. Maybe go out and shop or meet up with friends at the drop of a hat. I'd never leave my family long term of course but some time alone makes you appreciate them more and it makes them appreciate you more too. We all get overwhelmed and a new baby is a lot to add to an already busy life. You should take a break, make him help out. Hugs!!
maria1613
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Recently I've been feeling this hardcore. I got pregnant at 21 and had DD at 22. I've been seeing friends facebooks talking about going out of town for however long or talking to my friends going out in the middle of the week or whatever and I feel like I missed out. Don't get me wrong, I love my dd to pieces but I just wish I could have the same kid but have waited until I was more out of the "party" stage of my life. I miss even just going out to coffee with friends..... ugh i'd LOVE to run away
gallowraven
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I only have 1, so I can't imagine the stress levels.  I do know I had a tough time when I was SAHM with my daughter.  I started taking her to daycare 1 day a week, so I would have a few hours to do what I wanted to do, whether it was painting my toes, or sitting in front of the tv.  it also helped her, because it got her around other kids her age.  When we coudln't do that anymore, we made arrangements with grandma, to take her overnight once a week, it eventually turned into a monthly thing, due to busy schedules, but even as a once a month thing, it is so worth it.  24 hours of grown up time. dont give up, and do whatever you can to get your you day.  you need one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)