Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe them?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this

When someone tells you , they cannot find a job anywhere do you believe them? I think the majority of people CAN find a job it is just not the job that they wont.  For example my cousin tells everyone she cannot find a job BUT

She wont work fast food, or in the evening, or on the weekends, or in the dollar general and a whole bunch more stipulations. I don't think she should tell people she can't find a job, just that she doesn't want to work. 

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM
4 moms liked this
If they tell me they can't find a job in their field, a job with their preferred hours and such, yes.

If they tell me they can't find any job at all, no, I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM
I don't believe them.
If they really wanted to work they would do anything at any time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I don't believe that nobody can not find a job. My mom's friend said she couldn't find anything and when she brought up working at McDonald's or Subway, she said it was "below her". Are you kidding?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My BIL had to look for a job for several months. There was finally an opening at a fast food place. The area in which he was living at the time didn't have many jobs available and he was not qualified for any of them. So yes, it is possible.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM

No I don't, there's always a job somewhere, but most people are too lazy to do the legwork it takes to find those jobs.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I have seen some that can't find one. Small areas and reputation spreads fast.

Most just aren't looking or are too picky though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I do, personally. That's my situation. I found a decent-paying job, but it was in another city and I didn't have reliable transportation. I have 24/7 availability, so it's not like schedule restrictions keep me from working. And I'll work anywhere. I got turned down at the strip club because I'm too large; Walmart and various fast food places just gave me the run-around when I called to check on my applications. I have shitty job history, so that's likely the problem. Not giving up, though, and I've been unemployed for over a year. Still looking.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I do think I will have a hard time finding a job, I have limitations meow.

atyou
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless it directly affects my family.....I don't really give a shit if some can or cant find a job.

Man....that sounds horrible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM
It's so very hard for me to understand because in the clinic I work in, we have hired over 10 people in the past 6 months due to an expansion. And 8 out of those ten are complete lazy idiots who do the bare minimum to grab a paycheck. It blows my mind how little a person will try to do. My boss certainly doesn't have the best hiring skills either. The ones who do work hard seem to get punished because everything falls on them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)