Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Non vaxers

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:55 PM
  • 134 Replies

What do you think you will do if insurance companies start to drop people who do not vaccinate? What if they say "if you don't get the flu shot, we won't cover you if you are hospitalized for the flu"

I just talk to someone who was dropped from blue cross because he refused to take medication for slightly elevated cholesterol levels.

Does this concern you? Would you be bullied in to vaccinating?

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM
How is that possible if they can't deny you for pre existing conditions, how can they drop you for stuff like that?
nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Is that even possible with Obamacare?

Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM
8 moms liked this
I was bullied into vaccinations and now have a brain damaged child. My insurance now pays for OT, PT and a host of other programs and medicine. I think there would be a huge lawsuit. If all vaccines are safe, why is there a vaccine injury compensation fund?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryJam20
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM

this is new.

LivysMama
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I don't think that they legally can. They can't guarantee that no harm will come from it so they can't force it on someone. I wouldn't be "bullied" into any medical decision regarding my child personally.

Kitschy
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

How is that possible if they can't deny you for pre existing conditions, how can they drop you for stuff like that?

I'm not sure. It's not a pre existing condition I guess it's a failure to take care of yourself in the eyes of the insurance company.

Kitschy
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

Is that even possible with Obamacare?

I'm not really sure. I would think the insurance company would then be liable for forcing you to take something you don't want, and if you lost your insurance some insurance would have to take you. I just don't know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
But under obamacare, I don't see how that is possible. He's talked about before people who had cancer and were about to be dropped off their insurance but werebt cuz of what has gone into affect by obamacare.

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure. It's not a pre existing condition I guess it's a failure to take care of yourself in the eyes of the insurance company.

Kitschy
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I'm a nonvaxer myself. I don't think they are safe.

Quoting Lostinindy:

I was bullied into vaccinations and now have a brain damaged child. My insurance now pays for OT, PT and a host of other programs and medicine. I think there would be a huge lawsuit. If all vaccines are safe, why is there a vaccine injury compensation fund?

mommy2annaliese
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I would sue them because it is not possible to reject me for my religious practices. If you have a religion exemption you can tell them to go eat a dick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN