Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Job interview for a job I don't really want

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I love what I do now! I mean love it, but the pay is horrible and making ends meet is impossible. Oh and there are no benefits. The job I am interviewing for has great pay, and an amazing benefits package. I am glad for the interview, and will take the job if it's offered, but I kinda wish I could stay where I was, doing what I do, and make a lot more money than I do. Sucks, but good luck to me.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michellina11234
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Good luck

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck, is it a good move for your career too? Sometimes you have to sacrifice a couple of years in order to get where you want to be. It will all work out in the end'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do... Good luck and I hope someday you are able to get paid well for something you love to do!

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Good luck. Think positive thoughts and maybe you would start to like it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Sounds like you would be better off in your new job. Might just have to suck it up :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I would be and I will, just stinks is all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you would be better off in your new job. Might just have to suck it up :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Two different lines of work. It will be good for my family so I'll suck it up and take it, if it's offered.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Good luck, is it a good move for your career too? Sometimes you have to sacrifice a couple of years in order to get where you want to be. It will all work out in the end'
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Yeah:(

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be and I will, just stinks is all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM
So true.

Quoting Aislinn:

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do... Good luck and I hope someday you are able to get paid well for something you love to do!

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I know the feeling!!! I'm in that position right now. I don't get paid well here, but the benefits are great and the schedule is awesome (I can take off, come in late, leave early, whenever I want!)

I've had calls for other better-paying jobs, but luckily there has been a reason beyond my control that I couldn't take it lol.

The last one was a 2 1/2 hour commute each way. Uh no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN