Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PA doesn't make sense!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Someone posted this the other day and it has stuck with me.

Why do people get more assistance when they have more kids? If they do, shouldn't we get paid more at work when we have another child?

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (71-80):
hhhanna
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I dunno the answer, ask all the liberals, we need to show more compassion don't cha know?  Compassion and open your wallet.

paknari
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:08 PM
I do think it's disgusting that people do that. There should be a cap. But the problem there would be what if you were happily married and you had six kids and then your husband died and you ended up needing the help? Maybe cap it but have the ability to get a waiver if it was a special circumstance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michellina11234
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM

In Cali that is not true at least for the cash part. you cannot have a kid if you are on cash aid and get more cash aid in fact that child is exempt from getting cash aid until your entire family has been off cash aid for over 2 years. Now food stamps that is true becasue it is a federal run program just dispensed by the  counties

AJB163
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM
You doesn't makes sense.

Sorry, I had to. Your title grammatically drives me up the wall with anger... Oye...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Greekmama21:

Google and my husbands company give you a bonus for pro-creating. It's rather awesome. 

Good thing Jim Bob Duggar doesnt work there. The company would go bankrupt!

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Here in Ky there is a 5 year cap on cash assistance. I don't care how many kids you have after 5 years, thats it. During those 5 years, you are required to either be in school or be looking for work and take job training classes. I know that if you are getting cash assistance, they hit the absent parent up for child support to pay back to the state. SNAP and medicaid is different tho. I do not agree with people having more children for more benefits but it is what it is. The whole system needs overhauled.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GMom2011
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Yes, you are.

Quoting mamabear55:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

So I am punished for working?

Quatrekins
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Ideally, people aren't abusing the system. Yeah, there are always going to be cases where people are milking it, but think of all the people who genuinely need a helping hand while they get back on their feet (or the people who are disabled and -can't- get back on their feet).

Anyway, assistance is for those in need. People get more because they need more when they have more kids. Some jobs actually -do- offer bonuses when people have kids.

Why shouldn't they get more when their family size increases? How would that work if they didn't get an increase? Would people with more than one child not get any more assistance when applying for benefits than a one-child family? It seems strange to say, "It's okay if you come on FS with 3 kids, but if you have another one, tough shit!"

Some people seem very jaded and biased in regards to assistance, which is odd, because I would think after all the layoffs that pushed people onto it, there would be more understanding that lots, if not most people who get assistance wound up in their situation through no fault of their own. (And by no fault, I mean they weren't actively trying to milk the system)

mamabear55
by sweetheart on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Quoting GMom2011:

:(

Fuck the government!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured