Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone a sahm and has a hubby that makes less then 40k a year?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 759 Replies
7 moms liked this

Here's the thing, i was reading a long post on here about how much all you make and i was blown away. I think a majority of people were inflating their income or just out right lying. I mean isnt the medium income in america something like 52k? So why is it on CM everyone makes 100k and more? ;) Yeah i know there are folks that went to college and make great money so no, not everyone is making their income up but come on now.

So anyway does anyone here want to really be honest and say what they really make? I want to see the "poor" people. How do you make your income work for your family? Are you on any type of PA? Do you have health insurance? My husband makes around 35k and we both don't have health care. Only our son does.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM
I work at home and between both of us we bring in about 30k. That is if I worked a full year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband makes about 25K a year. We get food stamps, medicaid for the kids, and WIC. When my youngest starts school next year, I'm going to go back to school myself and work part time during the day. Right now, with my husband's erratic schedule, I can't work.

mamabear55
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM
My dh makes 60k a year now, but our first 4 years of our marriage, he was in grad school. We lived off his fellowship with only 10k a year. It was hard, but we were still happy
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Dh is a formulator, he makes about 23,000 a year (recently got a raise! =D) I'm a sahm.
hlzcmjzajz
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm a sahm, my dh makes around 35k a year. Our whole family has health insurance, through his employer; along with dental, vision, & life insurance. The only government assistance we get is WIC; we rent a really nice house, our bills are paid, & our children want for nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

We couldnt live off of 35K a year. I also live somewhere were prices tend to behigher. Im not lying though we each bring home about 45K a year before taxes, so 90K a year for our house hold and we are barely getting by.

mortgage, car payments, insurance, electric bill, cell phones, cable, and baby supplies.... yup we are broke after all of that. But they kill us in taxes too... idk.

MommeisQueen
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM
17 moms liked this

If I were you I would look into some getting some health care insurance and not worry about what other people make. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM
We barely get by, hope that helps. Less than 50K a year.
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Dh makes right at or right under 40k.
truelove813
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM
19 moms liked this

I cant believe some of the moms on here who claim their family makes all this crazy money.  Yea right!  If we made 1/4 of what some of you claim, we would be living the high life! I cant stand people who bitch about how much they make and how they cant pay their bills.  I am a daycare provider and my husband is an intern at a high school right now, which means he makes NOTHING. We still pay all of our bills (mortgage, gas, electric, water, insurance (house, daycare, health, car), car payment, groceries) just fine, and can go to the movies, out to eat, etc whenever we want.  If you cant afford your bills maybe you shouldnt be living in a oversized, overpriced house with 5 cars. Quit your bitching and live within your means!  And to those of you who really do struggle, I honestly do feel your pain as thats how my family was when I was growing up.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN