Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Putting down a deposit on a puppy that's not even been conceived yet!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies
Is that dumb!!? This is a very very good breeder. Her pups go fast and I want to make sure I get one. They estimate she will get pregnant in February and give birth in April. So I'm going down there tomorrow to put a deposit down.

Eeek I'm so excited and nervous st the same time!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
The breeder doesn't matter as much as the individual dog and its temperament. When we got our puppy, her brother was also available. He was an asshole though, where his sister is sweet and docile and fits into our family much better than her hyper, needy brother would have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Bump
Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM
If your breeder is good and she's breeding for good physical qualities and temperament them it is totally worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:49 PM
She is:-).

It's just such a huge commitment! I already have 1 dog so I don't know why I'm so nervous/anxious. Probably because this new puppy costs a lot more than my other dog I have!

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

If your breeder is good and she's breeding for good physical qualities and temperament them it is totally worth it.
Kris_PBG
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:49 PM
27 moms liked this
I can't fathom buying a dog when so many dogs in shelters and rescues need homes...
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I would for an English Bulldog because there is such a long waiting list with good breeders, but only if I got to choose the puppy I wanted from the litter. We have rescues, but I have always wanted an English Bulldog :).

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I just did this! I hope its not dumb I assumed it was the norm. O.o I do admit to having no knowledge the breeder was just so matter of fact about it. I can not wait to get my puppy. <3

Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM
All mine have been rescues, but I have friends in the show world so I can understand why good breeding matters to some folks. What kind of dog is it and why do you want one? :)

Quoting Anonymous:

She is:-).

It's just such a huge commitment! I already have 1 dog so I don't know why I'm so nervous/anxious. Probably because this new puppy costs a lot more than my other dog I have!

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattooedMomto4
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I can't fathom buying a dog when so many dogs in shelters and rescues need homes...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)