Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Statistics Of Americans On Welfare....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just read an article by the Chicago tribune. They report as follows,34% white, 22% black and 16% Hispanic make up the percentages of Americans on welfare as of January, 2012. You can't believe every thing you read on the internet unless it comes from a reparable source. I would consider the Chicago Tribune as such. What are your thoughts on this. Thearticle can be read at Articles.chicagotribune.com

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Replies (121-130):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Why would this be surprising or noteworthy?

Annsf
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I do know that out of the states on welfare, those who have the most getting PA, 8 out of 10 voted for Romney. There goes the idea that Repubs don't believe in welfare. Don't believe me? Google it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

No your wrong yet again. The tone of the post was not race. The title does not generalize one specific race on welfare. I gave 3 comparisons. You were shocked and offended to see that there were more whites receiving Pa then any of the other two races specifically the black race. You were the first person to reply to the op, and when you did you made an immediate comparison of not all 3 races just the blacks and the whites. When I asked you why you only compared the two your reply was because blacks represent the largest minority in America. You were wrong yet again, hispanics are. This lead me to believe either you were racist or you don't know anything about percentages. I have now concluded you know nothing about percentages and more feasible for you to make up your own stats instead of doing some real research. You have been actively engaged in a conversation you have no knowledge on. Come back with some real reparable info then maybe you'll. have a leg to stand on hun.
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM
She isn't using the correct wording. If you separated black people and white people completely there are more black people on welfare in just the black population in the US than there are white people in the white population in the US. She is breaking down the percentages of the percentages. There will always be more white people on welfare since there are way more white people here.

Quoting AdellesMom:

I hate it too.

But, she consistently said that there are more blacks on welfare than whites.

Quoting Luna091306:

No, she was trying to say there was a higher ratio of blacks on welfare compared to whites on welfare. Overall, there are more whites because whites make up over 70% of the population. 16% of the white population are on welfare and 60% of the black population are as well.

I really hate using the terms blacks and whites. :/

Quoting AdellesMom:

Ratio? Yes. Numbers? No.

Anonymous is trying to use ratios to say that there are more blacks on welfare that whites. But, that's simply not the case.

Quoting Luna091306:

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

She's right in a sense. The ratio of blacks on welfare to those who are not is greater than whites on welfare to those who are not.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry what is the souce of your infomation?  What about latinos? Why did you exclude latinos?

Quoting Anonymous:

How is stating facts racist? You are the one who brought this post to light, I simply gave the facts. It is not my fault there are more blacks on welfare then any other race, what exactly did you want me to do lie? Obviously you have no problem saying there are more whites on welfare, but when presented with the mathematical proof that is  not the case you cry racism.

Obviously you are severely ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you trying to compensate by making this a black versus white? Racism is still alive i see.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well it stands to reason that because there are more whites, obviously they will have the higher amount of people on welfare. However when you compare that off the percentage of whites to blacks in America, there are more blacks on welfare. Really not that hard to deduce, it is basic mathematics.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wonder what percentage of each race is on welfare. Since there is not a equal number of people representes among the races, it's not statistically accurate to analyze these numbers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTROX
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I don't care what race they are. I just wish people would be personally responsible for themselves and their families.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
That's not true.

Quoting Annsf:

I do know that out of the states on welfare, those who have the most getting PA, 8 out of 10 voted for Romney. There goes the idea that Repubs don't believe in welfare. Don't believe me? Google it.

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM

lol yeah! I believe you! It's just weird because here in Canada, I barely see it! LOL not even in the heavy populated First Nation areas like downtown and the north end!

Quoting .ChiMama.:

You need to come to Chicago then! There's a ton of ghetto Asians here with blasian babies and no daddy. It's not common everywhere but it does happen.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Or knocked up. Seriously. Since living in this city, I've seen TWO...TWO young asian couples who look like teens/young adults with a baby. 

Quoting Anonymous:

They stress education in some of the Asian cultures that's why. And no never see them on Maury lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Asian people are never in welfare or Maury

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM

LOL right? Because everything you google is always fact.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not true.

Quoting Annsf:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I worked w a maid she stole a child's ss # and had no problem getting a job , food share ect. Still she was caught.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

3 out of the top 5 states that have the highest food share use r blue states...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)