Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fired because she voted for Obama...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So I just heard today from my mom that her cousin (so my second cousin) who is a huge Obama supporter and campaigned tirelessly for him like most of my family did went to work Weds (she works as a Nanny fulltime) and the mother said to her "its your fault and people like you Romney lost you are fired get out." I just heard about this today, I guess her employers didn't care about her political affiliation when they thought Romney was gonna win. (Oh and she lives in a swing state PA) so that is why she says they fired her now, but is this illegal? Since its a nanny job not much she can do right? I can't believe what sour grapes her employers much have had to fire her for being a democrat. I mean seriously...
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Replies (191-193):
QueenWisdom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Smdh
Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't have someone with different values than my own watching my children either. I see nothing wrong with it.

Djinn83
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

WTF?

"right to work" does not mean they can fire her for any reason. "Right to work" means you don't have to join a union, or pay union dues, as a condition for employment.

Quoting km1970:

I believe PA is a right to work state..therefore someone can be fired without a reason.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM
What she said.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)