Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fired because she voted for Obama...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So I just heard today from my mom that her cousin (so my second cousin) who is a huge Obama supporter and campaigned tirelessly for him like most of my family did went to work Weds (she works as a Nanny fulltime) and the mother said to her "its your fault and people like you Romney lost you are fired get out." I just heard about this today, I guess her employers didn't care about her political affiliation when they thought Romney was gonna win. (Oh and she lives in a swing state PA) so that is why she says they fired her now, but is this illegal? Since its a nanny job not much she can do right? I can't believe what sour grapes her employers much have had to fire her for being a democrat. I mean seriously...
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I live in PA.  As long as she is working legit (not under the table) she can apply for unemployment, and she'll probably get it.  I would apply just to stick it to the jerks who screwed me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I heard of a guy with a company that canned all the Obama supporters the day after the election.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM

This is why you stick to your right to a private ballot. You don't have to announce to everyone who you're voting for. I refuse to be a "card carrying member" to any political party. Too much crap can happen and be used against you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I can't believe people get THAT upset. Although to be frank I did defriend a lot of extreme people before the election on FB because I couldn't take it, but only if they were like an aquaintance from HS or something, if they are an actual friend or family member I just hide when people are being obnoxious unless they post something racist or homophobic then I don't care if they are family they get the defriend.

Quoting momwith2monkeys:

i don't understand why people get so defensive when it come to politic. I am a democratic, i work with 2 girl that are republican and we still talk and bullshit at work, i don't hold it against them and they don't hold it against me that i voted for Obama. My neighbor voted for Romney and we voted for Obama and we still talk, hell he is actually very nice. He actually helped us out yesterday. ( our AC hasn't been working and his AC man came to his house to service his AC and he talk to him and had him look at our for free). I try not to talk politic with friends and so forth if we don't agree because it is something trivial to argue about and loss a friend over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Omg no way!!! That is freaking nuts...

Quoting Anonymous:

I heard of a guy with a company that canned all the Obama supporters the day after the election.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Even though they are just a family? I thought to get unemployment it had to be a corporation? Well if that's true she should def apply because she deserves it.

Quoting funny_girl3:

I live in PA.  As long as she is working legit (not under the table) she can apply for unemployment, and she'll probably get it.  I would apply just to stick it to the jerks who screwed me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

He had to let people go to save his company, and that's who he chose to get rid of.

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I think working for an individual like that is risky.  I work in a similar situation and have been very careful to keep my political views to myself.   That should fall under discrimation IMO but I doubt there is anything she can do. 

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I am a nanny and funny enough my political views have never once come up. My job has nothing to do with my political views so I feel no need to tell my boss my views. They don't change how I feed the kids lunch or drive them to swim or wash clothes.

I honestly don't feel bad for her because she never should've mentioned her political affiliation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM
What an asshat...I try to be nice and say I don't hate republicans but when I hear shit like this it gives them in general a bad stereotype. He should have let go the least qualified people. The fucker.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

He had to let people go to save his company, and that's who he chose to get rid of.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)