Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you were to lose 40-70 a paycheck, how serious would that affect you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Effective January 1st, if nothing is done to fix it..we reach our fiscal cliff and taxes on everyone goes up..tax credits for 2013 will be smaller and becuae of changes to the payroll tax and a raise in social security payments, paychecks will be smaller by about 40-70 range.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
RLT2
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:30 AM

It'll suck for sure

ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:31 AM
40-70 dollars or percent? This does affect me in Canada...but if it did i still would be bad off. Its just a matter of budgeting
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I'm not worried about it. I am too low income for that too be taken from my check anyway. As it is I only get social security and Medicare taken from my check.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM
It equals out to being about 40-70 bucks a paycheck. For people who earn more than 60k it will be a little higher than that.

Quoting ninjakids:

40-70 dollars or percent? This does affect me in Canada...but if it did i still would be bad off. Its just a matter of budgeting

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd be getting my hair done every 8 weeks instead of every six.  DH and I figured this out when the tax breaks first took effect.  Really, last year about the time the deal was worked out, people should have realized it wasn't a permanent fix.

Personally, I don't agree with them giving these "breaks" that can expire.  People get used to that $40-70!  It seems small, but that is a tank of gas, or a quarter of my monthly grocery bill.  I always knew there was a HUGE chance things in the government would still be screwy, so I never allowed myself to get hooked on the tax breaks.  It was always just bonus money to invest or save, or use to do my hair.  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Social security payments are going up 2% if its not fixed..so yes you will be affected. Everyone who works and pays social security will feel a little.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not worried about it. I am too low income for that too be taken from my check anyway. As it is I only get social security and Medicare taken from my check.

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM
well since dh only gets payed once a month wouldnt affect us to much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carter210
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM
40-70 every paycheck (if its closer to 70) would be our cell phone bill. That will suck for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Wouldn't affect me at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM
I would wind up oweing $10-$30 per week....

I make less than $3/hour (not counting tips.)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured