Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids can be mean selfish little brats. Small update....but not much....UPDATE at bottom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 163 Replies

So my dd has the lead in the school play. She worked hard for it. On Monday she was sick. She got back to school on Tuesday and some of the kids told her that she lost her part. She came home completely devastated. So on Wednesday I sent an email to the teacher asking if it was true. She said that it wasn't and spoke to my dd. Then she made a big deal out of how well my dd was doing at rehearsal. Some kid wrote with black marker on my dds backpack "Ugly Bitch". They are in fourth grade. I am so upset. This was not a cheap backpack. I ordered it off of Lands End. I doubt the black marker is going to come out and I will have to replace it. I doubt the warrantee on the backpack covered stupid bratty ass kids.

I don't expect the school to cover the loss....but I will be up there Monday to ensure they know what happened and for them to get to the bottom of this. It is stupid. Kids need to learn to accept that not everyone can be the lead in the school play.

Update....I was outside working in my garage while dd rode her bike out front. I heard some kid yelling at her. I walked out of the garage and there is this boy from her grade telling her to get off of his street because she is ugly. I started down the street when this boys mom came running out. She about beat him down in the street. He told his mom dd stole the part from some other girl. The mom apologized and hauled her son inside. Might have a culprit. But not sure I can prove anything.

so I went to the school yesterday with the backpack.  At first the principal was "too busy" to see me.  But at that point I sat on the front bench with the backpack and said I would wait.  Immediately the front office made time for me to see her.  Anyway she looked at the bag and called in dds teacher as well as a few others.  Then they called in the little boy from our street and two girls from dds class.  One finally admitted to writing it...but said another girl made her.  They called in the third girl and the look she gave everyone could melt ice.  She said that my kid stole the part and went off on a tangent. They called the parents of the little girls in.  As soon as he heard the story the father of one girl opened his wallet and paid for the bag.  He then told the principal he expected his kid to either be suspended or get in school suspension.  So....the girl who wrote on the bag was suspended for three days and then has to do two days iSS.  The other two girls will be in ISS for a week.  The boy who knew about it all has silent lunch for a week.  All parents involved were fine with the punishments. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thewife06
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

"Ugly Bitch" over your daughter getting the lead part in the school play?  In the 4th grade? 

I don't even know what to say other than I hope your DD has some really thick skin.  Poor kiddo.  She was only doing well.  There will always be people who hate you for being successful, so teach her how to deal with it now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Quoting Thewife06:

"Ugly Bitch" over your daughter getting the lead part in the school play?  In the 4th grade?  I don't even know what to say other than I hope your DD has some really thick skin.  Poor kiddo.  She was only doing well.  There will always be people who hate you for being successful, so teach her how to deal with it now. 

She was more upset that her backpack was ruined than what it said. She is a good kid. She got that lead fair and square. She worked hard for the audition. She loves to perform. She is in a small kids theater group and a competitive dance team. That stuff comes naturally to her. I told her they were jealous and for her not to stoop to their level.
Thewife06
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Good for her then!  but beofre you throw the bag away, try hair spray to see if you can get the ink out first. 

Quoting Anonymous:
She was more upset that her backpack was ruined than what it said. She is a good kid. She got that lead fair and square. She worked hard for the audition. She loves to perform. She is in a small kids theater group and a competitive dance team. That stuff comes naturally to her. I told her they were jealous and for her not to stoop to their level.

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Breathing a sigh of relief that I homeschool and will never have to deal with this. That really stinks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Try getting some ink remover.
It comes in these little yellow bottles in the laundry section of your grocery store!!
Hugs to your daughter!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting eesmommy:

Breathing a sigh of relief that I homeschool and will never have to deal with this. That really stinks.

I see pros and cons. My kid is learning now that being successful doesn't always make others happy and that she doesn't need to be less than herself to get friends. Her true friends are the ones who stuck her backpack in theirs and hugged her when she was upset.
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell her to hang onto those friends. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting eesmommy:

I see pros and cons. My kid is learning now that being successful doesn't always make others happy and that she doesn't need to be less than herself to get friends. Her true friends are the ones who stuck her backpack in theirs and hugged her when she was upset.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babyblue415
by champagne on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM
9 moms liked this

I would make whoever is the parent of the "black-marker child" to pay.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd be in the school office with that backpack, refusing to leave until something was done about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad she is going to kick ass in that play - hope the other child gets the emotional help they need
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN