Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Feeling so negative today about...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

the world in general. I almost wish I did not bring my children into this scary, selfish, dangerous world. People just don't seem to care about one another anymore. Kids are mean to eachother, adults are quick to judge every little thing, it is getting harder and harder to make ends meet and I just don't see the positives in life in general right now. With the holidays approaching, the selfishness and rudeness are glaringly obvious and it makes me want to take my kids and move someplace really isolated so I can get away from the terrible people and the terrible things that are happening everywhere. 

I feel like I am fighting a losing battle trying to bring my kids up to be caring and kind, helpful and respectful when everyone around them in school is rude and selfish, and my own family is contstantly trying to feed into materialism by buying them stuff they just don't need and for no reason. 

I am alone in thinking that the world has just become a horrible place? Where are the nice people who offer a helping hand when someone needs it? Where are the people who offer a kind word or a smile? Where are the people who thank someone who is kind to them instead of acting like they are entitled to things?

I am just so discouraged....

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM
My advice, is to worry about your family. Stop caring what others do or don't do.
FAH_Q
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM
You might be focusing on just the negative and that's all you see. Try to find at least one positive thing a day and return the feeling to a stranger. It might hange the outlook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Look at the way people are helping each other in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. There is still good in this world. It's easy to oversimplify and think the world is going down the toilet, I do that sometimes too. Like another person said, look for the positive things in your daily life and focus on those. Doing nice things for others helps too. You have to be the change you want to see in the world; I live my life by that principle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN