Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm soooo excited!!

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM
  • 17 Replies
And I just can't hide it!!

My husband is out of town working an instead of coming home Monday he is coming home TONIGHT!!

And AND he asked if I wanted to go to church in the morning!! Okay I know this doesn't seem like a big deal to most of you but it is to me!

I grew up in church. Well actually I grew up in two Churches. One that I went to when I was a baby until middle school with my parents and the other from middle school until I married my first husband. I moved churches in middle school becuase I liked their youth program better. I never had perfect Sunday school attendance or anything, but I liked going. It was a good environment and I loved having a church family.

When my ex and I got married we went to church with his family. Then we would have Sunday dinners with his parents. It was the one normal thing about being married into that family. And I like DS having that. But when my ex and I divorced I stopped going.

I didn't go back to the Church that I went to as a teen becuase it just felt awakes. I didn't really find a place that fit.

My DH didn't grow up in a church like I did. He is a Chrisitian and we have the same beliefs but he was just raised differently.

Lately I've felt really bad about not having DS in Church more. Especially when DS thought that Noah on my Noah's Ark cookie jar was Santa Clause...

So I told DH that I really wanted us to find a Church and start going. Well my parents have also decided they wanted to go to back to Church. My mom and I thought it would be great to go back to the Church I went to as a small child. We could go to the early service and then my Dad and husband could go back to my parents' house while mom and I took the kids to Sunday school. Neither my dad nor husband are big Sunday School people. They are more for going for the message during service.

Anyways we thought it would start a good ritual becuase then we could have lunch at my parents house and it would be something normal for the kids.

My DH was very hesitant. He works a lot of weekends and said something about wanting to rest on his off days. I told him it was just for a few hours and that he could rest the rest of the day. But he agreed we would try once we moved.

Well this is our second weekend in the new house, but it's the first weekend I've had DS. And DH is already asking to go! He actually asked about going last weekend but I said I wanted to wait until we had DS to go. Anyways I am so excited! And so I happy that DH is wanting to go!

I really thought I was going to have to drag him!

Anyways hope everyone else is having a good weekend!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Bump!!

Some at least pretend to be excite for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambersmommy730
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Sounds awesome! We haven't been to church in quite some time either. We were members in a church but we stopped attending because of some issues. (Long story) My DD has been asking to go again but I'm not sure I am ready yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
If that's your thing, I'm happy for you. It's awesome your husband supports you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Maybe find a new church?

Quoting ambersmommy730:

Sounds awesome! We haven't been to church in quite some time either. We were members in a church but we stopped attending because of some issues. (Long story) My DD has been asking to go again but I'm not sure I am ready yet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:45 PM

That's wonderful!

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Like I said we aren't super religious but we are Chrisitians and I like going.

I like having a community of friends that share the same beliefs and being able to spend time with them. It's great to have. Plus I'm hoping to meet some other SAHMs that I can even see outside of church.

My DH is very apprehensive, but he even agrees that it would be good for the kids even if he doesn't fit in well. But who knows he might like it, at the very least though he has my dad there. They are really close.

Quoting Mychele:

If that's your thing, I'm happy for you. It's awesome your husband supports you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM
I know I'm soo excited!! Although I have no idea what I'm going to wear!

I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant and have only 3 pairs of pants that fit...

Quoting cjsix:

That's wonderful!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambersmommy730
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM
We're going to. I'm just not sure if I'm ready yet. The issues we had at our other church hurt me deeply. I'm trying to be forgiving, but it's hard.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Maybe find a new church?

Quoting ambersmommy730:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand. I would definitely take time to heal.

Quoting ambersmommy730:

We're going to. I'm just not sure if I'm ready yet. The issues we had at our other church hurt me deeply. I'm trying to be forgiving, but it's hard.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Maybe find a new church?

Quoting ambersmommy730:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

I know I'm soo excited!! Although I have no idea what I'm going to wear!

I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant and have only 3 pairs of pants that fit...

Quoting cjsix:

That's wonderful!

I know different churches and even different areas sometimes have different ways of looking at what is considered church clothes. Wear a pair of your pants and a nice shirt and you should be alright or if you have a dress and sweater that too. Most will understand that expecting changes what you are comfortable wearing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)