Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SO is being such an @$$!

Idk wtf his problem is! Usually he's very sweet but tonight he's just a straight up ass.

Im in bed sick. I've been vomiting since 7pm. I can't keep anything down. No meds, no food, no liquids. I have a slight fever (101) &I my whole body hurts from throwing up so much.

I texted SO to bring me a glass of water. It'd been about 45 minutes since I last threw up and wanted to try to get some water down because I'm so parched!

He wouldn't do it! He's bust playing Halo4 and said if Im thirsty enough to get it myself. The fuck?? Ass hat. Then he comes up to pee..but can't get me water.

I ended up getting it myself,, got super nauseous and dizzy and threw up what little I drank. :'(

I love him dearly, but he will rue the day he gets sick and needs water! Uggggh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Replies (11-17):
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:30 AM
Omg my SO too. I've been super sick on and off lately, with cluster headaches to boot. And still get up and about and get shit done. He got a tickle in his throat and whined and moaned and tossed and turned and blubbered like a baby lol. Men just can't handle sick. I've yet to meet one that can. Hahaha

Quoting TarantulaTress:

I dribble from every orphace, could set my pillow on fire with fever and feel as if my body has been trampled by a herd of elephants yet still have to function for my family. My DH developes the sniffles and acts as if he's contracted the West Nile virus. I'll never understand it...

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

In all fairness, he did keep our adhd child out of my hair all evening and put him to bed. Lol but is a little water too much to ask?

Quoting TarantulaTress:

Ugh!! My DH would play his stupid video games even if the house was burning down around him...I feel you, mama. I hope you get better soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Try sucking on ice (preferably chips) instead of drinking water. It should stay down better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:58 AM

My DH is the opposite. If im sick, hes there to help with everything. If hes sick, i do the same for him...

Guess I got lucky..lol  Mine also does NOT play video games.

Hope ya feel better OP

CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:25 AM
I'm also sick and my 12 month old just got up, ugh. Dh got up with her though, stuck her in the play pen and is playing....you guessed it...Halo 4, lmao.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Hes usually not like this. I don't know what crawled up his ass.

He just came to bed and was being all sweet, but denied everything.. the hell? Lol

On a side note, was able to keep some pepto and about 2oz of water down for the last hour and a half!

Quoting Anonymous:

My DH is the opposite. If im sick, hes there to help with everything. If hes sick, i do the same for him...

Guess I got lucky..lol  Mine also does NOT play video games.

Hope ya feel better OP

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 5:58 AM
Aww! One time when I was sick for days I discovered that apples, cranberry juice, and 7 up were really easy to puke and helped me stay hydrated. I just nibbled on apples and sipped cranberry juice mixed with water and soda. So much better than puking just water or bile. Plus someone told me that the acidity of the cranberry juice would help my body absorb the water. See if you can get at least an apple, it's better than nothing. I hope you feel better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heatherd09
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:02 AM
I am so glad my SO isn't into video games!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)