Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Good parents don't end up with sexually active teens" says Anon

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
true or false?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Replies (481-490):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 82 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

False I believe all you can do is do your best, but your child may not make the right decision.  Hormones, the moment, and unclear thinking can get them into things.

Saerise
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:55 PM
False.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaSince2005
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:57 PM

false

niknorr
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Obvisoly living in a bubble. Ever parent hopes what values, rules, etc they instill in there children will affect there every decision, but that's not reality!! Hope those Good Parents' are Good Grandparents!!!!
katzmeow726
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM

False.  I had great parents, who set limits, and were very fair.  Still, I ended up having sex at 16.  That said, I DID make sure to protect myself, we spent a VERY long time discussing what we would do if I got pregnant, and I am still with that same man today, married with two beautiful children.  I used what my parents did teach me to take control of my sexuality, and went about it with responsibility and maturity. 

newmom3012
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I totally believe in "gotta try it before you buy it" - I'll probably get bashed for this....but oh well.  I don't think teenagers should necessarily be having sex, but I think it's more important to educate them about the dangers of having unprotected sex and give them information on how to practice safe sex and what happens if they get pregnant, get an STD and hopefully that will get them to wait until they are with someone they love.  All of my friends in HS whose parents were super anti-sex were super active with multiple people....and my parents were the educating type so I had sex, but I was always careful, got checked regularly, and didn't "sleep around".  

LuvAZmomma
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:06 PM

lol. Bad parents end up with sexually inactive teens and good parents end up with sexually active teens. it doesn't really matter if you are a good parent or a bad parent children will still do what they want. But that is not to say that you can not try your best to teach them right from wrong or at the very least teach them about protection.

yankeefan828
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM
False. A lot of people don't mention the fact alot of women that do become sexually active at a young is due to a form of sexual assault. And there's nothing there parents can do about that!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM

False and I also don't think sexually active teen = immoral, irresponsible, or BAD teen.

Sexual activity is pretty normal to start experimenting with as a teen and it's only cultural to delay it until later. Not saying that we shouldn't have a goal to delay it, but being sexually active isn't being a criminal. It's normal.

Good parents will educate, support, communicate, and supervise but their kids still may be sexually active to one degree or another *and* not be bad kids indicating parental failure.

Basherte
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

The bad thing and the great thing about children is the same thing. They grow up and learn to have thoughts and feelings all their own. They also learn how to make decisions, all on their own. A good parent won't try to control their children 24/7 for their child's entire life.  A good parent will raise their child to think for themselves and make their own decisions. What I feel is morally wrong may not be what everyone else thinks is morally wrong. I don't see a law anywhere that states that it is illegal for anyone under a certain age to have sex. 

Who is the judge of morality? Every person judges what they personally believe is moral and not moral. No one has the right to tell anyone else that is an adult what is or isn't moral. I don't plan on telling my kids what they can and can't do after they hit the age of 18. 

I would hope that I've done my job as a parent and raised my children so that they can make those types of decisions on their own. That I helped them to become responsible adults. 

I don't really think that it has all that much to do with whether or not a person had good parents. Who defines good parent? 

I happen to believe, personally, that my parents were wonderful. Understanding, loving, guiding, compassionate people. I waited until I was 18. My brother couldn't count the number of people he slept with by the time he was 18. 

I think it's all in how each individual sees the world and how the respond to what they see and feel and know in their hearts. 

Personally, I think that if you are going to group a lot of people together in one little box, then you should already know that the answer is No or False. Not everyone does this or does that. Or knows this or knows that.

Not all black people can dance. Not all heavy white girls are easy. Not all men who wear tank tops beat their wives. 

Not all catholic girls are sluts. 

Not all poor people are lazy bastards. Not all people with autism can't stand to be touched. Not all... I thinmk you get what I'm saying. Not all people do anything. Stereotypes aren't true. Not all of them anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN