Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who send thier kids to Dads house EVERY WEEKEND

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 348 Replies
When do you spend time with your kids? Do you work on weekends? Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
I work weekends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this
I never really have a day off, but I don't mind in the least :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I am with my dh but the thought has crossed my mind if we were ever to divorce how our schedules would work. He works every weekend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM
62 moms liked this

who cares and talk about fair...How is it fair for the women to have the kids all week and do everything she has to while the man only sees the kids 4 days a month? How is it fair that dad only gets to see his kids 4 days a month?

illinoismommy83
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:37 AM
3 moms liked this

It seems more fair to the kids to get to be with both parents every week. Most of the moms I know personally are always working on the days that dad has the kids. Not everyone works M-F 9-5

JLo1486
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:38 AM
9 moms liked this
Why shouldn't the father get to enjoy his kids too?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TwilekMommy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM
7 moms liked this

What works for you might not work for everyone else.  Everyone has different schedules and compromises.  Get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Well that's usually how it works if they split. If dad doesn't like it he has the right to go to court. I have no problem at all with EOW and that is the most common schedule. Thier dad and I both work all week and we alternate weekends so we both get weekends with them and free weekends also.

Quoting Anonymous:

who cares and talk about fair...How is it fair for the women to have the kids all week and do everything she has to while the man only sees the kids 4 days a month? How is it fair that dad only gets to see his kids 4 days a month?

mommy9518
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM
5 moms liked this
My dd is supposed to go everyother weekend and wednesdays for dinner. Instead he calls her every saturday and asks her to come over. So she goes over once a week from sat around 6 till sunday at 6. So i get plenty of time with her and we both get one weekend day which i think is pretty fair. Shes 7 and he lives accross the street so its her decision to make.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM
When my dh and I separated I wasn't given a choice. I got them one weekend out of the month and he got the others. That's what the judge ordered because I worked most weekends and had days off during the week. We made it work because its about the quality of time spent not the quantity.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)