Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who send thier kids to Dads house EVERY WEEKEND

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When do you spend time with your kids? Do you work on weekends? Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM
I know a couple who is married, but the husband is gone all week working. They still send their DD to grandmas every weekend so they can party. She never sees her daddy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

who cares and talk about fair...How is it fair for the women to have the kids all week and do everything she has to while the man only sees the kids 4 days a month? How is it fair that dad only gets to see his kids 4 days a month?

So do you think it would be more reasonable to send the child back and forth between the parents house on 50/50 time basis? I don't see that working out so well with school and general daily life scheduling. It sounds like it'd be a ridiculous hassle for everyone involved.

PiscesMommy021
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I am divorced and I work Monday through Friday and I have all weekends and holidays off. My ex is supposed to get our kids every other weekend. He never gets them @ all and he lives maybe 15 minutes away, he never calls them. My dd is 5 and ds will be 4 in december. The only way they talk to him is if they ask me to call him and I do and give them the phone. He always has a free weekend. I love my children, but I wouldn't be opposed to a break once in a while. But it is ok, I love my children and if their father isn't going to be a part of their lives I can't force him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
prettymama72106
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM
My friend works weekends so her kids are with their dad every weekend and she has them during week i say whatevrr works for both parents it isnt my buisiness what other people do
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM
When we lived closer, DD's dad got her Monday afternoon through Wednesday morning. Every week. That was his weekend. The rest of the week he worked.

He wanted It that way.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM
This.

Quoting Anonymous:

who cares and talk about fair...How is it fair for the women to have the kids all week and do everything she has to while the man only sees the kids 4 days a month? How is it fair that dad only gets to see his kids 4 days a month?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM
You consider mornings before school quality time? And evenings? When do you take them to the park, go to the movies, etc?
You don't ever want to spend a Saturday with your kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

When do you spend time with your kids? In the mornings before school, and in the evenings.

Do you work on weekends? No

Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Yes. He WANTS to see his children, because, you know, he LOVES them.

Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? No, what a stupid things to ask.

I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. Good for you. That works for you guys. Your ex is fine with hardly seeing his kids, mine wouldn't be.

I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation? It's what I wanted and it's what my ex wanted. It works great for us :)

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Exactly

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_AshlynNicole
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Seriously?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)