Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who send thier kids to Dads house EVERY WEEKEND

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When do you spend time with your kids? Do you work on weekends? Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Replies (31-40):
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I think EOW visitation is unfair. I couldn't imagine my SO being ok with seeing our baby that little if we were to split up. He has two other kids and he fought for 50/50.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM
well when it is court ordered i have no choice in the matter...i would much rather her be at home with me.My weekend is far from off though that is when i get my deep cleaning and grocery shopping done.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:53 AM
My ex husband used to get the kids every weekend and anytime in between. Every once and a while I would tag along with them on a trip to the zoo or just to have breakfast for a few hours. It worked for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM
The mom has no choice in being pregnant for nine months if she's going to have a baby. If she didn't want to be then she shouldn't have had a kid. The dad doesn't owe the mom forever because she was pregnant for nine months. That's kind of how biology works.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao too much for the dad? Um really hes got all week to do what he wants, and when mom was pregnant for nine months dad still got to do what he wanted. Lmao every weekend isn't going to hurt poor old daddy, if he's a man hes gonna put his childs needs before his own

Quoting Anonymous:

Not saying the father shouldn't enjoy his kids but maybe he wants to have free time to himself as well. Kids every single weekend while the mom has off seems off balance unless the mom is working. And it seems like too much back and forth between houses.

Quoting JLo1486:

Why shouldn't the father get to enjoy his kids too?

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Not your life so why let it bother you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Of my husband and I were to divorce there would be no eow. We would split the boys 50/50. My husband is an awesome and involved father who WANTS to spend all the time he can with our kids. I'm not so selfish that I couldn't share. Isn't that a concept that is learned in kindergarten? Seems like way to many women were absent on the day the lesson of sharing was taught.
mom2monsterboys
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
You're right he doesn't owe the mom, he owes his KIDS, you know the ones that he also helped to create?

Quoting Anonymous:

The mom has no choice in being pregnant for nine months if she's going to have a baby. If she didn't want to be then she shouldn't have had a kid. The dad doesn't owe the mom forever because she was pregnant for nine months. That's kind of how biology works.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao too much for the dad? Um really hes got all week to do what he wants, and when mom was pregnant for nine months dad still got to do what he wanted. Lmao every weekend isn't going to hurt poor old daddy, if he's a man hes gonna put his childs needs before his own

Quoting Anonymous:

Not saying the father shouldn't enjoy his kids but maybe he wants to have free time to himself as well. Kids every single weekend while the mom has off seems off balance unless the mom is working. And it seems like too much back and forth between houses.

Quoting JLo1486:

Why shouldn't the father get to enjoy his kids too?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM
The concept of Sharing? No, children aren't property. They should have a stable home life and not be bounced around every week. IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

Of my husband and I were to divorce there would be no eow. We would split the boys 50/50. My husband is an awesome and involved father who WANTS to spend all the time he can with our kids. I'm not so selfish that I couldn't share. Isn't that a concept that is learned in kindergarten? Seems like way to many women were absent on the day the lesson of sharing was taught.

Lady_In_Ink
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM
If we split, I would want my children to see their father as much as possible. For the kids' sake. Too many parents think about what is convenient for them...not the children.
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM

ITA.... I had a neighbor who sent her son to his grandfather's house (her dad) every weekend that he wasn't with his dad. I counted it up one time and she average spending only 12-15 hrs a week with her son. She even sent him to after school on her off day during the week. On the rare occasion that her dad was out of town on "her" weekends she was going nuts being around him all day on Sunday (she worked Saturdays so he was with a sitter when not with dad or grandpa).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)