Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who send thier kids to Dads house EVERY WEEKEND

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When do you spend time with your kids? Do you work on weekends? Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Replies (341-348):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM
I'm not a stepmom. No way would I marry a man who had his kids every weekend. I understand why stepmoms feel that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound like one of "those" step-mothers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM
That's so sad that you would stay in an unhappy marriage just to "protect" your child.

I used to think like that, and was miserable for years before finally realizing that it wasn't worth it. My kids are 4 and 9 and are very happy. They have no issues spending some time with mom and other times with dad because their father and I have chosen to remain friends and be mature about the situation.

Just food for thought...

Quoting LisaSmock:

So happy in still married and don't have to worry about this. If I didn't have a kid I would be divorced but I do not want to spend even 1 day with out my kid so I will stay
Mommy2Jolee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM
He gets them every other weekend. If he were more civil and told less lies to our children about me, I'd let him have them more often because I work Sundays. For now, he only gets them when the decree says so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 65 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

are you a stepmom?

LisaSmock
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM
My husband is not a bad man he does not cheat or hit or anything I just sometimes feel that there might be someone better for me

Quoting Anonymous:

That's so sad that you would stay in an unhappy marriage just to "protect" your child.

I used to think like that, and was miserable for years before finally realizing that it wasn't worth it. My kids are 4 and 9 and are very happy. They have no issues spending some time with mom and other times with dad because their father and I have chosen to remain friends and be mature about the situation.

Just food for thought...

Quoting LisaSmock:

So happy in still married and don't have to worry about this. If I didn't have a kid I would be divorced but I do not want to spend even 1 day with out my kid so I will stay

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AndynsMommy
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM
When my son's dad was in the picture, he had him every other weekend and a few days during the week while he was off and I had work/school. It was something we worked out to where I was working when he had him and he was working when I had him. All parties were satisfied.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyuteangl88
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Court orders perhaps? Who fucking cares what other peoples visitation schedules are, christ.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM

maybe their dad can only see them on the weekends and therefore wants them every weekends. maybe the mom works on the weekends and thats cheaper than paying a babysitter. or maybe..and this is going out on a limb..thats no one's business but the parents who do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)