Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who send thier kids to Dads house EVERY WEEKEND

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When do you spend time with your kids? Do you work on weekends? Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM
My children go to their dads every weekend except for the third weekend of the month, they stay home with me. Their dad gets an ssi check and does not work. He decided this is how he wanted it. I hate that they have to go, he won't do anything with them. His wife takes care of them while he sits on his ass all weekend. I'm a stay at home mom. We share holidays and school breaks. He also decided he only wants them two weeks out of the summer. He told me from the beginning he only wants to see them sometimes and he doesn't care about anymore time with them. If it was up to me, I would love it if they could stay home all the time. So yes it's fair because its what he wanted.
mom2monsterboys
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol no. They spent five out of seven days waking up with mom and will only spend two days with dad. Why wouldn't that make them sad?

Good responsible parents would live in close proximity, get along and be respectful, maybe even FRIENDS (I know the horror!), they would never put their kids in a position to feel slighted by the other parent.

Once you have children you are supposed to realize it is about them, not us adults. It hurt as a kid to hardly see my dad. Just food for thought.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you don't think they might feel bad that they never get to wake up and spend the day with mom? That every 5 days they have to pack up and leave but mom has no plans on her days off?

Quoting mom2monsterboys:

You're right he doesn't owe the mom, he owes his KIDS, you know the ones that he also helped to create?

Quoting Anonymous:

The mom has no choice in being pregnant for nine months if she's going to have a baby. If she didn't want to be then she shouldn't have had a kid. The dad doesn't owe the mom forever because she was pregnant for nine months. That's kind of how biology works.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao too much for the dad? Um really hes got all week to do what he wants, and when mom was pregnant for nine months dad still got to do what he wanted. Lmao every weekend isn't going to hurt poor old daddy, if he's a man hes gonna put his childs needs before his own

Quoting Anonymous:

Not saying the father shouldn't enjoy his kids but maybe he wants to have free time to himself as well. Kids every single weekend while the mom has off seems off balance unless the mom is working. And it seems like too much back and forth between houses.

Quoting JLo1486:

Why shouldn't the father get to enjoy his kids too?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof5kids84
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I don't think divorce is ever fair to anyone involved.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sassygoddess
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM

My divorce decree says that he gets them 3 weekends out of the month..I get them the last weekend. I don't see the big deal...we deal with them all week let him do some of the work...the only reason I don't like it is because I am in school and cant afford to do alot of stuff with them and he gets to be the "Disney Dad" and do all the fun stuff.

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Its really not that complicated. My dd used to go to dads week on week off and will start again soon. His weeks, he takes her to school amd picks her up. My weeks I will take her to school and pick her up. Hardly cconfusing or complicated.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting Anonymous:

who cares and talk about fair...How is it fair for the women to have the kids all week and do everything she has to while the man only sees the kids 4 days a month? How is it fair that dad only gets to see his kids 4 days a month?

So do you think it would be more reasonable to send the child back and forth between the parents house on 50/50 time basis? I don't see that working out so well with school and general daily life scheduling. It sounds like it'd be a ridiculous hassle for everyone involved.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pink.
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM

The logic is every family has different situations. With my ex, we have the standard visitation orders with an "or as otherwise agreed upon" stipulation. Meaning the order is the min we have to go by if we aren't in agreeance. But there have been numerous times this yr they have been with him every weekend. As of right now, they are with him for 2 weeks straight. Due to the fact that his gf is due for their baby on the 19th and are spending two weeks with him to have some time with him before the baby is born and won't go stay with him again for a few weeks after the birth so she can recover (csection....I've had two I know the feeling) and they can spend some time alone with the new baby.

AirForceWife13
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I have raised my kids alone. Their father has never taken them for a visit since we split in 05. I've had them.every single day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I don't "send" my kids to their dad every weekend, the judge did. If they don't go, I can go to jail for being in contempt of a court order. I feel they need to spend time with their dad, just wanted to add that. Like I said in my previous reply, this is how their dad wanted it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM

You see them M-F .

and the father shoudl only see them 4 days a month?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM
We get plenty done on a school night. What's so hard about it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol! Sounds like I hit I nerve? Maybe YOU know you don't spend time with your kids and are fine with it so you're trying to project that onto my ex and situation which you know nothing about? Doesn't even sound realistic that you do all these activities with yours on a SCHOOL NIGHT. Hmmm, yea ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

You think your ex seeing them twice a month is quality time? LOL what a joke.

We spend plenty of quality time together. Every morning we take the dogs for a walk, come home and make breakfast together. Then we eat together and talk and laugh....

After school I help them with homework then we play board games together for 2 hours, or to the playground or the beach before we start making supper together as a family. We eat together, laugh together.

Monday nights after supper we relax together, read to each other, play games, bake cookies together, decorate cup cakes together and drop them off at the old folks home on Tuesday mornings.

Tuesday night is movie night. We go to the movies or rent movies, order pizza, make popcorn.

Wednesday nights we go swimming at the local YMCA and then play in the gym... basketball, floor hockey, catch, tag, soccer baseball, etc.

Thursday nights we go bike riding at park which happens to also have a playground, petting zoo and picnic park. We pack a picnic and eat by the lake.

Friday nights we camp out or have a slumber party in the living room (depending on the weather). We tell stories, share memories, look through the photo albums....

And at the beginning of every month I sit down with my kids and we choose a new weekly schedule.

I feel sorry for your ex that he barely see's his children. But maybe he likes it that way. Sounds like your poor kids get very little quality time with their dad.. a little selfish on your part.

Quoting Anonymous:

You consider mornings before school quality time? And evenings? When do you take them to the park, go to the movies, etc?
You don't ever want to spend a Saturday with your kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

When do you spend time with your kids? In the mornings before school, and in the evenings.

Do you work on weekends? No

Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Yes. He WANTS to see his children, because, you know, he LOVES them.

Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? No, what a stupid things to ask.

I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. Good for you. That works for you guys. Your ex is fine with hardly seeing his kids, mine wouldn't be.

I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation? It's what I wanted and it's what my ex wanted. It works great for us :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN