Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who send thier kids to Dads house EVERY WEEKEND

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When do you spend time with your kids? Do you work on weekends? Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Replies (61-70):
Reepicheep.CSL
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I think that if it works for the family then that is all that matters. Why should dads get to see their kids less than moms just because they are fathers and not mothers? Why should mothers automatically get more time with their children? That is pretty stupid.
DH and I are together, but if we ever split I am sure it would be an even split of time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Most dads have EOW. Sorry but you sound real ignorant calling any father who doesn't have your 50/50 schedule not a real man or a sorry father. Defensive much? And who said anything about being entitled to love or whatever. I said we alternate weekends which are our only days off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, they are also not only mine. Stop acting like you are the only one entitled to having the love of your children. If their father is a good one then he'd never settle for eow, or when mom says he can be around.

My husband is a real man and a damn good father. He would never settle for less time because I said so. Nor would I do that to him. I wouldn't do it to my kids. They love him and gain a lot of awesome attributes with him. My sons would be very sad to only see their dad a handful of days a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

The concept of Sharing? No, children aren't property. They should have a stable home life and not be bounced around every week. IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

Of my husband and I were to divorce there would be no eow. We would split the boys 50/50. My husband is an awesome and involved father who WANTS to spend all the time he can with our kids. I'm not so selfish that I couldn't share. Isn't that a concept that is learned in kindergarten? Seems like way to many women were absent on the day the lesson of sharing was taught.

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

It seems these two parents see their children as a "bother" and "obstacle" in their lives.

Quoting harpsichord:

I never really have a day off, but I don't mind in the least :)

shudderette
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I dont think it's fair for the dad to only get to see his kids 4 days a month. He needs time with them too. My ex and i have joint custody. i pick them up from school every day. on tues, wed, and sat he picks them up from me and keeps them over night. he has them all day sunday. i dont see them again until monday after school. it's hard to share sometimes. i miss them. lonely without them. but i know it's good for them. 

and, no, i do not spend my sat nights partying. last night i spent by myself in my pjs bored out of my mind. 

jstanthrmom
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
It's called being grown ups and doing what's best for your children. Being able to communicate and make adjustments to the court order to make the best possible circumstances for everyone. If you can't do that it might be time to look at how you could create a better relationship with the ex.

Quoting Anonymous:

When do you spend time with your kids? Do you work on weekends? Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM

What if this is the only time that dad can see them? The Mom has them for the five days. He gets the chance to spend time with his kids.

And he should WANT to every weekend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I am proud that my husband would fight for his right and his children. This would be a moot point for our family if it came to pass. Want them on a tues? Cool what time? Hey the boys wanted to go to the zoo, wanna go with us? Etc. Neither of us feels more or less entitled to time with our children. We believe in being equal.

Sounds like someone hit a nerve with you, because you made this pitiful post. You mad that their dad doesn't want to get equal time? Or are you salty just because you have to share the kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

Most dads have EOW. Sorry but you sound real ignorant calling any father who doesn't have your 50/50 schedule not a real man or a sorry father. Defensive much? And who said anything about being entitled to love or whatever. I said we alternate weekends which are our only days off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, they are also not only mine. Stop acting like you are the only one entitled to having the love of your children. If their father is a good one then he'd never settle for eow, or when mom says he can be around.

My husband is a real man and a damn good father. He would never settle for less time because I said so. Nor would I do that to him. I wouldn't do it to my kids. They love him and gain a lot of awesome attributes with him. My sons would be very sad to only see their dad a handful of days a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

The concept of Sharing? No, children aren't property. They should have a stable home life and not be bounced around every week. IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

Of my husband and I were to divorce there would be no eow. We would split the boys 50/50. My husband is an awesome and involved father who WANTS to spend all the time he can with our kids. I'm not so selfish that I couldn't share. Isn't that a concept that is learned in kindergarten? Seems like way to many women were absent on the day the lesson of sharing was taught.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Not at all. Just showing you how easy it is to spend quality time with your kids.

You don't have to ignore them on school nights and save your quality time for Saturday afternoon. Especially when it takes time away from the other parent in their life.

And maybe your kids go to bed at 5:30 on a school night.. but we manage to fit all kinds of fun activities into our day with more than enough time to get 10-12 hours of sleep each night before school.

They even fit showers/baths and brushing their teeth in there, too!
Amazing, isn't it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol! Sounds like I hit I nerve? Maybe YOU know you don't spend time with your kids and are fine with it so you're trying to project that onto my ex and situation which you know nothing about? Doesn't even sound realistic that you do all these activities with yours on a SCHOOL NIGHT. Hmmm, yea ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

You think your ex seeing them twice a month is quality time? LOL what a joke.

We spend plenty of quality time together. Every morning we take the dogs for a walk, come home and make breakfast together. Then we eat together and talk and laugh....

After school I help them with homework then we play board games together for 2 hours, or to the playground or the beach before we start making supper together as a family. We eat together, laugh together.

Monday nights after supper we relax together, read to each other, play games, bake cookies together, decorate cup cakes together and drop them off at the old folks home on Tuesday mornings.

Tuesday night is movie night. We go to the movies or rent movies, order pizza, make popcorn.

Wednesday nights we go swimming at the local YMCA and then play in the gym... basketball, floor hockey, catch, tag, soccer baseball, etc.

Thursday nights we go bike riding at park which happens to also have a playground, petting zoo and picnic park. We pack a picnic and eat by the lake.

Friday nights we camp out or have a slumber party in the living room (depending on the weather). We tell stories, share memories, look through the photo albums....

And at the beginning of every month I sit down with my kids and we choose a new weekly schedule.

I feel sorry for your ex that he barely see's his children. But maybe he likes it that way. Sounds like your poor kids get very little quality time with their dad.. a little selfish on your part.

Quoting Anonymous:

You consider mornings before school quality time? And evenings? When do you take them to the park, go to the movies, etc?
You don't ever want to spend a Saturday with your kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

When do you spend time with your kids? In the mornings before school, and in the evenings.

Do you work on weekends? No

Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Yes. He WANTS to see his children, because, you know, he LOVES them.

Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? No, what a stupid things to ask.

I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. Good for you. That works for you guys. Your ex is fine with hardly seeing his kids, mine wouldn't be.

I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation? It's what I wanted and it's what my ex wanted. It works great for us :)

MissMissfit
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

This post is sad. The OP is even sadder. I might not like my ex but he deserves just as much time with our daughter as I do. I just drove her 350 miles so she could spend her 4 day veterans day weekend with him. It isn't about the parent. It is about what is best for the child. It is a shame more parents don't realize that. 

mom2monsterboys
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Someone is very selfish.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It seems these two parents see their children as a "bother" and "obstacle" in their lives.

Quoting harpsichord:

I never really have a day off, but I don't mind in the least :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN