Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's like Obama is encouraging people to go on or stay on welfare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

why would he do that?

ok so what i'm learning about Obamacare so far is that all businesses are mandating to provide health insurance for their workers but i thought that is how it is all ready.

am i understanding this correctly: because now all companies are being mandated to cover health insurance for their workers, the companies will hire more part time and the people who are all ready full time will be part time.

and eventually this will cause MORE people to either get mediciad or stay on medicaid.

why would the president want to have people rely so much on welfare?

doesn't he want better for his people? doesn't he want less people on welfare?

isn't that what society's goal was suppose to be from the start; to get off of welfare.

i just don't get it.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
mypbandj
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Because its not always possible for people to buy their own policy due to pre-exisiting condiditons.

My friend and coworker needed to work 30 hours a week so that she could get health care from our company. It costs $1500 a month for just her when she gets it through work.

If she wanted to get it on her own, it would have been $5000 a month. Who can afford that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it healthcare through employment or welfare? Whatever happened to BUY YOUR OWN POLICY?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
There are options. It's not $500/ month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, like everybody can afford $500/mo for health insurance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it healthcare through employment or welfare? Whatever happened to BUY YOUR OWN POLICY?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, like everybody can afford $500/mo for health insurance.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, the company can afford it either.  seriously, people need to educate, train, experience, etc. themselves better and make better choices so they are sought after employees for whom the cost of insurance is worth it.  otherwise, they should buy it themselves.  either way, they are taking care of themselves, the way it should be

mypbandj
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Look at most businesses, Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc....how much do they pay? minimum wage. How much does the company actually make? millions.

The owners keep all the money for themselves and pay their workers shit. AND they don't give them health insurance. So now all the workers, are working their ass off for the company but getting barely enough to get buy.

My bff's dh worked for Kmart as a manager. He was there for years and making a lot of money. $80,000+. He told us stories of how Kmart forced him to fire people who had been there for a very long time and were just months away from earning retirement. He had to let them go at the last minute so that they weren't allowed to get anything! And then guess what, they fired him too! Because he was making too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
The election is over! Can we keep it that way plz?!?! Sorry! Its annoying..Lol.
But for those of us who NEED the help, take it! I need help badly. In 4 years, Im going to cosmetology school & plan to open my own salon By yhe time 4yrs is up. My birthday was election day, (happens every year, it sucks..Lol), and I turned 36 this year. I all ready made my plan to be set by the time Im 40. But Im taking the help bcuz I absolutely NEED the help. I cant wait to go back to work. Health problems has me down. But I dont want to work just anywhere. I feel my son is at the age that I can finally get into school, get my surgery over with and actually do what I (mom) want to do. I will need the help to get there. I wont need the help anymore, once Im there.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
He expanded some of the PA programs to stimulate the economy. It's not that people are more poor than ever before, they are just now qualified for programs due to changing the income requirements.

A lot of companies who are laying off people and making a big stink are the same companies who made huge donations to Romney's campaign. They receive more deductions spending that money on insurance than campaign contributions to someone in favor of corporate welfare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Kmart going out of business has nothing to do with Obama and Obamacare though. They started going out of business long before Obama. The one by my house, in a money town, went out of business before Obama was elected. Its was out of business way before that election. And Walmart is growing. They keep adding or building more & more supercenters.
I did grow up in a money town, all though we were broke..Lol. But people would be embarrassed to be seen in Kmart. Now everyone likes the place..Lol. I love Kmart. I wish they would open more stores again. Walmart it is until then.

Quoting mypbandj:

Look at most businesses, Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc....how much do they pay? minimum wage. How much does the company actually make? millions.

The owners keep all the money for themselves and pay their workers shit. AND they don't give them health insurance. So now all the workers, are working their ass off for the company but getting barely enough to get buy.

My bff's dh worked for Kmart as a manager. He was there for years and making a lot of money. $80,000+. He told us stories of how Kmart forced him to fire people who had been there for a very long time and were just months away from earning retirement. He had to let them go at the last minute so that they weren't allowed to get anything! And then guess what, they fired him too! Because he was making too much.

mypbandj
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

What I'm talking about happened YEARS ago. It has nothing to do with Obama. Its all about how big businesses treat their employees.

Quoting Anonymous:

Kmart going out of business has nothing to do with Obama and Obamacare though. They started going out of business long before Obama. The one by my house, in a money town, went out of business before Obama was elected. Its was out of business way before that election. And Walmart is growing. They keep adding or building more & more supercenters.
I did grow up in a money town, all though we were broke..Lol. But people would be embarrassed to be seen in Kmart. Now everyone likes the place..Lol. I love Kmart. I wish they would open more stores again. Walmart it is until then.

Quoting mypbandj:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea I agree with you about how most big businesses treat their employees. I worked at Walmart and they paid crappy and meade all the workers on the floor bust their ass for hardly anything and the company takes all the good stuff. Retail stores usually only hires part time or ONLY at Christmas bcuz they dont want to pay for the insurance. Thats been happening for years before Obamacare. The job promises raises, and full time positions but you have to work there FOREVER before being eligible for those things. Which I dont think is fair. Thats why there are alot of people on PA. Even if you are working, you can still get FS, childcare help, and health insurance for your kids (which means the people who are not abusing the system and is working at the same time as getting, PA are still tax payers). And more then half the reason moms are on PA is bcuz the fathers of their children, DOESN'T PAY CHILD SUPPORT! Quit bitching about moms being on PA, and start bitching about the men who dont pay for there responsibilities. IMO. (I think I went of the subject, so sorry).

Quoting mypbandj:

What I'm talking about happened YEARS ago. It has nothing to do with Obama. Its all about how big businesses treat their employees.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mypbandj:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Obama is just tring to keep big businesses from screwing workers over, Imo. Im not a dem or rep. I understand both sides. BUT I also understand why Obama made Obamacare too. If big businesses not going to hire full time bcuz of this, that makes them look greedy & selfish, Imo. Shouldnt be selfish if your going to own a big business like Walmart. But all businesses dont hire full time for this reason, always has. Obamacare backs us up for when we really need it though, Imo..

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea I agree with you about how most big businesses treat their employees. I worked at Walmart and they paid crappy and meade all the workers on the floor bust their ass for hardly anything and the company takes all the good stuff. Retail stores usually only hires part time or ONLY at Christmas bcuz they dont want to pay for the insurance. Thats been happening for years before Obamacare. The job promises raises, and full time positions but you have to work there FOREVER before being eligible for those things. Which I dont think is fair. Thats why there are alot of people on PA. Even if you are working, you can still get FS, childcare help, and health insurance for your kids (which means the people who are not abusing the system and is working at the same time as getting, PA are still tax payers). And more then half the reason moms are on PA is bcuz the fathers of their children, DOESN'T PAY CHILD SUPPORT! Quit bitching about moms being on PA, and start bitching about the men who dont pay for there responsibilities. IMO. (I think I went of the subject, so sorry).

Quoting mypbandj:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mypbandj:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN