Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's like Obama is encouraging people to go on or stay on welfare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

why would he do that?

ok so what i'm learning about Obamacare so far is that all businesses are mandating to provide health insurance for their workers but i thought that is how it is all ready.

am i understanding this correctly: because now all companies are being mandated to cover health insurance for their workers, the companies will hire more part time and the people who are all ready full time will be part time.

and eventually this will cause MORE people to either get mediciad or stay on medicaid.

why would the president want to have people rely so much on welfare?

doesn't he want better for his people? doesn't he want less people on welfare?

isn't that what society's goal was suppose to be from the start; to get off of welfare.

i just don't get it.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Replies (31-40):
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Here we go with the blame Obama bullshit again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
There really aren't that many options.

Quoting Anonymous:

There are options. It's not $500/ month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, like everybody can afford $500/mo for health insurance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it healthcare through employment or welfare? Whatever happened to BUY YOUR OWN POLICY?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup. Never mind the simple idea that the health insurance industry charges outrageous premiums for sometimes crappy insurance. Never mind that there are pre-existing conditions and hoops to jump through for medical procedures. Or that meds cost a fortune. Far easier to blame one man.

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Here we go with the blame Obama bullshit again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
How about women think about it before making babies with deadbeats.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea I agree with you about how most big businesses treat their employees. I worked at Walmart and they paid crappy and meade all the workers on the floor bust their ass for hardly anything and the company takes all the good stuff. Retail stores usually only hires part time or ONLY at Christmas bcuz they dont want to pay for the insurance. Thats been happening for years before Obamacare. The job promises raises, and full time positions but you have to work there FOREVER before being eligible for those things. Which I dont think is fair. Thats why there are alot of people on PA. Even if you are working, you can still get FS, childcare help, and health insurance for your kids (which means the people who are not abusing the system and is working at the same time as getting, PA are still tax payers). And more then half the reason moms are on PA is bcuz the fathers of their children, DOESN'T PAY CHILD SUPPORT! Quit bitching about moms being on PA, and start bitching about the men who dont pay for there responsibilities. IMO. (I think I went of the subject, so sorry).

Quoting mypbandj:

What I'm talking about happened YEARS ago. It has nothing to do with Obama. Its all about how big businesses treat their employees.

Quoting Anonymous:

Kmart going out of business has nothing to do with Obama and Obamacare though. They started going out of business long before Obama. The one by my house, in a money town, went out of business before Obama was elected. Its was out of business way before that election. And Walmart is growing. They keep adding or building more & more supercenters.

I did grow up in a money town, all though we were broke..Lol. But people would be embarrassed to be seen in Kmart. Now everyone likes the place..Lol. I love Kmart. I wish they would open more stores again. Walmart it is until then.

Quoting mypbandj:

Look at most businesses, Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc....how much do they pay? minimum wage. How much does the company actually make? millions.

The owners keep all the money for themselves and pay their workers shit. AND they don't give them health insurance. So now all the workers, are working their ass off for the company but getting barely enough to get buy.

My bff's dh worked for Kmart as a manager. He was there for years and making a lot of money. $80,000+. He told us stories of how Kmart forced him to fire people who had been there for a very long time and were just months away from earning retirement. He had to let them go at the last minute so that they weren't allowed to get anything! And then guess what, they fired him too! Because he was making too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM

the information that i posted, i didn't receive from cafemom at all.

i've been slightly reading about it on the internet, hearing it from my SO and family members and from the radio.

when it comes to politics and obamacare, my intelligence level is at a 1 with this.

politics and history has always been my weakness so i'm just trying to find one person who is willing to help me understand this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm more confused why people insist on getting there information from Cafemom instead of educating themselves on the truth. Then again, seek Cafemlm for clarity on the BS they learned

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:09 PM

i don't get it. i guess i'm naive when it comes to this stuff because i thought that the presidents intention was to help his own country, not to make it worse.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

This is true of Obama and since America is more in poverty then it has been in many decades. Well that is why OBAMA won.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Hun don't feel bad NONE of us get it... 

My friends and family have been steaming since OBOZO won by default. 

We feel like over half of this country LOST and CONFUSED! I have never felt this way about any president but this one! UGH! It sucks and I just want the next 4 years to move quickly!

Quoting Anonymous:

i don't get it. i guess i'm naive when it comes to this stuff because i thought that the presidents intention was to help his own country, not to make it worse.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

This is true of Obama and since America is more in poverty then it has been in many decades. Well that is why OBAMA won.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM

ok so the law has forced businesses to provide their workers insurance for years, then why is this such an issue if it's been like this for a while? it sounds to me like nothing has changed.

how will it get worse?

Quoting Anonymous:

This is just the beginning of the joke he calls healthcare.  Businesses were already doing everything they could to not offer insurance even when they were required to by law.  Now it will only get worse.  Unfortunately the alternative was Romney and that would have been no better.  There are going to be very rough times ahead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM

well when you put it like that, it seems like make a little sense.

Quoting wineisfine:

Dems want us to depend on them for everything, and Republicans wants us too dumb to fight back. Neither party gives a shit about us, after all if we are weak we are easier to control!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Truth! I've been saying that since before he was elected the first time!!!!!! No one listened to me then, they aren't bite either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)