Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's like Obama is encouraging people to go on or stay on welfare

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

why would he do that?

ok so what i'm learning about Obamacare so far is that all businesses are mandating to provide health insurance for their workers but i thought that is how it is all ready.

am i understanding this correctly: because now all companies are being mandated to cover health insurance for their workers, the companies will hire more part time and the people who are all ready full time will be part time.

and eventually this will cause MORE people to either get mediciad or stay on medicaid.

why would the president want to have people rely so much on welfare?

doesn't he want better for his people? doesn't he want less people on welfare?

isn't that what society's goal was suppose to be from the start; to get off of welfare.

i just don't get it.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Replies (51-60):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL@YOU.. WTF are you? NO ONE THAT FUCKIN MATTERS! ANON.. Another coward..... SMDH!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you have to be such a vile disrespectful person just because your candidate lost,  get over it and have a little respect for our Commander and Chief his name is OBAMA,  get a clue or get the hell out!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Really NOW.. California is close to Bankrupcy if not already filed. AND if you knew WHY they voted ROMNEY it is BECAUSE OF OIL! They don't get to DRILL with OBOZO in OFFICE! 

And my state is the POOREST and voted OBAMA!

NICE TRY THOUGH PRINCESS!

Quoting Anonymous:

Not true,  the states with the higher poverty rates are red states,  so they voted for Romney!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

This is true of Obama and since America is more in poverty then it has been in many decades. Well that is why OBAMA won.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this

The fact is, there are very few employers right now who have more than 50 employees who do NOT already offer insurance for their full-time employees.  This mandate is only going to affect the employers who have over 50 employees and are NOT offering insurance to their full-time employees.  

As far as I'm concerned....if these employers would rather have more part-time employees simply to avoid having to offer insurance to a few full-time employees, that is shitty on the EMPLOYER'S part (not on Obama's part for wanting Americans to have affordable insurance).  

Employers will want to blame Obamacare for 'forcing them' the cut their full-time staff --- but, I blame the employers for ALREADY having hard-working, full-time employees who they 'can't' offer insurance to.  These few employers are acting like victims of this plan.....when in reality, their employees have all along been victims of the current policies.  These employers have been getting all the benefits of having good, quality, loyal, hard-working employees working for them - without their employees, they would NOT have the success they do - and they are perfectly okay letting others pick up the tab when it comes to their employees' healthcare.

I mean, how do you think those full-time employees RIGHT NOW are getting healthcare coverage?  They are either getting it through their spouse's employment (which is fine...but requires their spouse works for a company which offers health insurance)  -- are having to fork out a TON of money for private insurance (which usually covers next to nothing) -- are having to apply for Medicaid (passing the buck to taxpayers) -- or who are having to go without insurance (which can be a REAL problem if something happens -- and often results in passing the buck to taxpayers through increased healthcare charges --- I mean, the hospitals have to charge more to everyone else because they know they will have to 'write-off' a lot of charges that the uninsured have no way to pay).

No, you say "oh no - now these people who used to have full-time jobs are going to get cut to part-time work and then they are going to have to apply for Medicaid" --- how, exactly do you think those full-time employees are CURRENTLY getting their medical coverage?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh here is the most mature of the Romney-ites,they must be so proud of your eloquence!and of course,the fact that your one poor state voted Obama makes you right.

I agree btw,the poverty in California is pitiful!All those poor people who want to get on Welfare in California.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Really NOW.. California is close to Bankrupcy if not already filed. AND if you knew WHY they voted ROMNEY it is BECAUSE OF OIL! They don't get to DRILL with OBOZO in OFFICE! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Not true,  the states with the higher poverty rates are red states,  so they voted for Romney!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

This is true of Obama and since America is more in poverty then it has been in many decades. Well that is why OBAMA won.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Pssssttt,4 more years of Obama as your President.yep,4 more years,bwahahahahahahahaha.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

LOL@YOU.. WTF are you? NO ONE THAT FUCKIN MATTERS! ANON.. Another coward..... SMDH!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you have to be such a vile disrespectful person just because your candidate lost,  get over it and have a little respect for our Commander and Chief his name is OBAMA,  get a clue or get the hell out!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Look at who voted for what.. My state is not only the poor state... 

California voted for OBAMA... Florida OBAMA.. OHIO OBAMA.. PA OBAMA... 

It doesn't make me right because I voted for ROMNEY.

Maybe ask why people voted for ROMNEY. It wasn't for ROMNEY on my part it was to get OBOZO out of office.

They are BOTH evil and I DISLIKE both. But when you are talking about jobs being cut, taxes being raised and insurance the country is 50/50 split on I can't say OBOZO was the best option.

I can argue neither was ROMNEY but hell we seen obama couldn't help after 4 years why not give someone else a chance at it. NO like BUSH it will get worst.. WATCH!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh here is the most mature of the Romney-ites,they must be so proud of your eloquence!and of course,the fact that your one poor state voted Obama makes you right.

I agree btw,the poverty in California is pitiful!All those poor people who want to get on Welfare in California.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

autiemama516
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

from the information i've gathered, buying your own insurance is waaaaay more expensive then buying it through the company you work for.

like COBRA.

i heard it costs about $500 a month just for one person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it healthcare through employment or welfare? Whatever happened to BUY YOUR OWN POLICY?

My parents are elderly and on Medicare. They have a fixed income and just a supplemental policy is 1200 a month for them. They can barely survive Health Insurance is Way expensive not like car or home. Plus the unbearable copays.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL@ YOU. If you are not pissed in 4 years YOU WERE SITTING ON MY TAX DOLLARS. That is what I have to say about that. So in the end I am the one laughing because I am not choosing between gifts under the tree honey or food on the table... Hurry up the free turkeys for Thanksgiving are about gone honey. Your wasting your time fighting with me....

Quoting Anonymous:

Pssssttt,4 more years of Obama as your President.yep,4 more years,bwahahahahahahahaha.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed.  I pay $52 a month for a basic plan through my employer.  It would be twice, almost three times as high if I went private (which I did when I was pregnant with my daughter 10 yrs ago).  And if you add a dependent....then really watch the costs skyrocket.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well the problem is the HIGH UNAFFORDABLE costs of buying your own policy. If my employer didn't give it id not have it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it healthcare through employment or welfare? Whatever happened to BUY YOUR OWN POLICY?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Obama does not want the American people to survive, he is running us into the ground. Obama does not care. In my opinion, if the president really cared he would be doing alot more to help America, like how about paying off our debt (so far all he has done is create more), create more full-time jobs everywhere (hasn't happened yet), or when there is a major desaster he should go and roll up his sleeves and help with cleanup.  Obama does not care about Americans, he would rather see us fail, then help us!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
You seriously need to grow up enough to call the President by his name,this Obozo crap is neither funny,clever or cute,it makes you sound 11(no offense to 11 year olds),hate him all you want,but for the sake of adults taking you seriously,call him by his name.

*i have no idea what you said,I lost interest at that first sign of immaturity.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Look at who voted for what.. My state is not only the poor state... 

California voted for OBAMA... Florida OBAMA.. OHIO OBAMA.. PA OBAMA... 

It doesn't make me right because I voted for ROMNEY.

Maybe ask why people voted for ROMNEY. It wasn't for ROMNEY on my part it was to get OBOZO out of office.

They are BOTH evil and I DISLIKE both. But when you are talking about jobs being cut, taxes being raised and insurance the country is 50/50 split on I can't say OBOZO was the best option.

I can argue neither was ROMNEY but hell we seen obama couldn't help after 4 years why not give someone else a chance at it. NO like BUSH it will get worst.. WATCH!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN