Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If someone sleeps w/ a minor, who lies about their age, should it be a crime?

Posted by   + Show Post

Say a man meets a woman and begins to date her. She tells him she is of age and legal and give no indication she is any younger than what she leads on. They sleep together. Her parents find out about the relationship and contact the man. He is THEN told she is actually only 14, while he is 20. Her parents then decide they want to press charges. Should he face criminal charges?

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM
4 moms liked this

If someone is served drinks underaged, the bar and server are fined, even if they were shown a fake ID. Why would we protect our children any LESS than that from sexual predators?

starlet4534
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Right? Lol shit I didnt even know how old my husband was until we moved in together. I know, that's bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, that was my point. How silly!

Quoting starlet4534:

Who does that when they meet someone though?

Quoting Anonymous:

License and registration please?

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Yes. He should have verified her age before sleeping with her. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, there are potential consequences when you have sex with people you barely know. If you can't take the time to learn where they live, where they work, who they are as a person then you are responsible for those consequences.

Charliesmommy11
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM
If the minor admits to lying , no I don't think his life should be ruined.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes, there are very few 14 year olds that ACTUALLY LOOK of age. I know plenty of women will quote me and say.... not me I looked 21 at 14 and fooled plenty of men. When really those men fooled them sad to say.

Ask questions before you have sex with anyone and save yourself the hassle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM

This happened to a family member of mine. No, he shouldn't be charged.

lasombrs
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I dont think its fair at all. My friend has been labeled as a sex offender for this and he was 18 she was 16 or 17. Much closer in age even :( Ruined the rest of his life for one mistake. I know the laws protect many and thats a good thing but it does hurt others as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Agree

Quoting bowribbonmama:

No. It's not his fault she lied.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Both, the girl & the guy, should get into trouble. But, the older one should no better and find a way to make sure who thay are sleeping with is of age.

Quoting Anonymous:

They should get to know a person before sleeping with them, Imo.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. What are people suppose to do? Check their license or ID. Before dating?

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
This

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I do not believe it should be a criminal act. Seems a bit unfair. I feel a true crime is only committed when a criminal freely enters into the act knowing it is illegal. In this case, had it been my DD, I would not press charges but instead punish my child for lying. If anyone should be punished, it would be her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)