Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If someone sleeps w/ a minor, who lies about their age, should it be a crime?

Posted by   + Show Post

Say a man meets a woman and begins to date her. She tells him she is of age and legal and give no indication she is any younger than what she leads on. They sleep together. Her parents find out about the relationship and contact the man. He is THEN told she is actually only 14, while he is 20. Her parents then decide they want to press charges. Should he face criminal charges?

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
tifbrown
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I think that the minor is the one who should be charged for misleading him. Even at 14 they should know better. And, if they don't they shouldn't be allowed out of the house.

firemouse23
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes...legally.  It is his responsibility to get an ID from her to verify.  Too many guys aren't told the amount of trouble they can get in for not verifying age.  Would I ever press charges for something like this.  Not if he backed off after being told to.  Now if he didn't back off once he knew the truth...then I definitely would.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM

What is they went out on dates, had long intimate talks, ect? How can you say he should have taken more time with her if he did all that? She lied and we was lied too. Thats all he is guilty of IMO.

Quoting Anonymous:

They should get to know a person before sleeping with them, Imo.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. What are people suppose to do? Check their license or ID. Before dating?

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
That is the reason many people are labeled sex offenders without fault and it is unfair. Are they supposed to do a background check on anybody they sleep with??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM
3 moms liked this

She is 14! I don't believe an adult man could be dating a 14 year old for any amount of time and NOT even suspect she is lying about her age. I think adults need to be held responsible for knowing who they are having sexual relations with. If it is not punishable in cases like this it will only make it more difficult to punish in other cases. I think we have a responsibility to protect our children from predators, and a 20 year old man being attracted and having sex with a 14 year old child IS without any doubt in my mind a predator.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Why?

Quoting LoriLou75:

In that case, yes!

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

marabie
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Did you watch my life is a lifetime movie haha
Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Yes, that makes TOTAL sense. Because I've looked at EVERY man's ID that I've slept with!
Moron. Get over yourself and your stupid 'morals' and get some real ones.

OP- no. He shouldn't be charged. He didn't know.
There's a difference between a child molester and a man who honestly THOUGHT he was sleeping with someone his own age.
And believe me, I think that child molesters need to see the business end of a gun. But this is different.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Yes. He should have verified her age before sleeping with her. 

Mother to (IMO) the two best kids EVER born. I am a vaxing, corporal punishment (when called for!), loving, teaching my kids to be good, kind, caring, strong, independant people kinda MOMMA.
I am almost an LMT and love making people feel good!

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM

How would he know the ID was fake?

Have you ever been ask for ID or given it to a guy you were dating?

Quoting firemouse23:

Yes...legally.  It is his responsibility to get an ID from her to verify.  Too many guys aren't told the amount of trouble they can get in for not verifying age.  Would I ever press charges for something like this.  Not if he backed off after being told to.  Now if he didn't back off once he knew the truth...then I definitely would.

Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
She should get in trouble for lying....little whore bag! Jk about the whore bag part
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomandWife6
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

can I please see some id before I put my penis in your vagina *what a great pick up line*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)