Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If someone sleeps w/ a minor, who lies about their age, should it be a crime?

Posted by   + Show Post

Say a man meets a woman and begins to date her. She tells him she is of age and legal and give no indication she is any younger than what she leads on. They sleep together. Her parents find out about the relationship and contact the man. He is THEN told she is actually only 14, while he is 20. Her parents then decide they want to press charges. Should he face criminal charges?

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (421-429):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM

if the child is under the age of consent then it is immaterial if she lies about it. if the mistake is discovered after the fact, both can still get into trouble.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM

it's not fair.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:47 AM

lmao those are not really signs. 

I was in college and had a curfew for my dorm and when ever I was home. Mid-night at college, 10 at home. 

EVERYONE KNOWS MJ.

How often have your brought up a 20 y/o event that was completely unrelated to you, with a person you just met or started dating? 

Quoting Anonymous:

One of the first clues should have been the fact that she had a curfew.

Then the fact that A) she did not seem to have ANY friends that she introduced him to, or B) all of her friends were preteens and teens.

Another thing would have been discussing events that have happened in their life time.  If he had said something like, "Michael Jackson was the youngest member of the Jackson 5"  And her answer was, "Who's that"?  ....

OR > If he had brought up something that had happened in 2003 (would make a 14 y/o, 5 @ the time, and a 19 y/o, 10 @ the time) such as Columbia crashing.  The 19 y/o would have learned it at school, not likely the 5 y/o. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:48 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:55 AM
When they are cutting it that close in age, they better start; unless they want to be labeled a sex offender the rest of their lives....... And that happens a lot...

Quoting Anonymous:

No. What are people suppose to do? Check their license or ID. Before dating?

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:28 AM
Those can be faked though.......

Quoting Anonymous:

When they are cutting it that close in age, they better start; unless they want to be labeled a sex offender the rest of their lives....... And that happens a lot...

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:32 AM
True.

So, they need to start carrying a printer with them so they can take a photo copy of the ID, then file it so they can retrieve it at a later time to prove their innocence!

Duh.....

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Those can be faked though.......

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:05 AM

BUMP!

ChristyG2012
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM
I don't think so. I can't imagine dating someone & having to show him my license ?? Although I can't imagine being in the man's position either. There really is no way to know for sure when ppl start talking about fake IDs...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)