Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just witnessed my very first food stamp horror story.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies
1 mom liked this
You can't make this shit up. My husband and I are still reeling from witnessing this -

A lady is in front of us with her 11 or 12 year old son checking her groceries out...no big. She's got a basket full of stuff, & last she has a big 20 lb bag of dog food that she places up there and cashier scans it and tells her her total. She swipes her card...cashier then tells her that her remaining balance is like 16 something. She yells "WHAT? How am I supposed to feed my dogs?!" The cashier is dumbfounded and tells her (very politely) that dog food isn't an approved purchase with her card. She says "Fine, I don't want the dog food." Then she leaves her son standing there blocking the line and goes to the meat market and gets a 20 roll of hamburger meat and when she came back she said "Guess the dogs will just eat this" and swipes her card for it....

WTF WTF WTF.

I don't even know what to say. Just had to share it on here.

ETA: Wow - didn't realize this post would get so crazy. And since some of you think I'm posting anon and being a troll - ChelseySpelsey is my SN. I have no reason to be a troll. That was one of the craziest things I've ever witnessed though....
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhaney03
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM
5 moms liked this

she knows food stamps dont' cover that, looks like she wanted to start shit

ashleywright88
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM

o.O 

wow

MrsRinehart2010
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

eh it happens I guess at least she isnt letting it starve? I mean the rudest part was holding up the line. but then again I dnt give much rats what people buy with thier fs lol , I would have told the kid to move though an he could get back in line when his mom came back lol. But granted im a very regualar at our grocery so they would have said for him to pleaase move some where else lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM
That what my husband said.

I was standing there with my jaw dropped down to the floor.

Quoting mhaney03:

she knows food stamps dont' cover that, looks like she wanted to start shit

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmfao..Omg poor dogs
PrincessMarina
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Well.... Hmmm.... Ok.... Dont want the dog to starve to death.... Maybe it is the kids dog, and the kid would cry his poor little eyes out if they had to get rid of it. Kids get very attached to pets. Like my middle child who is autistic.... He couldn't live without his min pin odie.... Seriously, he talks more to the dog then he does to me or his dad, and the dog is EXTREMELY theraputic...

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM
O.o
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vgmomof2grtkds
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Wow.
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM
3 moms liked this

dogs gotta eat too. at least she has morals.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Normally I don't pay attention - but I couldn't help but notice after she practically yelled WHAT?! Omg now I'm just laughing. I'm in shock.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

eh it happens I guess at least she isnt letting it starve? I mean the rudest part was holding up the line. but then again I dnt give much rats what people buy with thier fs lol , I would have told the kid to move though an he could get back in line when his mom came back lol. But granted im a very regualar at our grocery so they would have said for him to pleaase move some where else lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)