Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dear slapping "mother"...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Yeah, I'm talking to you....

I'll tell you right now that if I ever slapped my child in the face, I'd give permission to every one of you to slap me back. In fact, I'd give you all permission to punch me square in the nose. Because I would deserve it!!!!! 

Shame on you! 

The End. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM
While I agree with not tearing her down she spanked her 7 month old in anger and you have no idea how hard or light that was but I bet it wasn't a Tap as it was in anger. She also called in a lil bitch for not being still and listening. She updated with it was his teeth but she has lost his teething meds. She was a mess and her baby deserves SO much better.
People wonder why so many kids are boneheads when they grow up, this kind of behavior is why. Hitting babies and toddlers is NEVER okay or justifiable!!

Quoting divinedimension:

It was easier to support her for the sake of that little baby than to tear her down.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

How about the one who slapped her 7 month old for crying an called him a little bitch? Then updated and said she, thought it was from teething.

Quoting Anonymous:

eh, a mom on here the other day posted that she hadn't slapped her six year old across the face in 4 years now.  do the math.  pathetic.

I read that one i couldn't belive the amount of support she got. RIDICULOUS!!

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I never told her it was ok! I told her how to manage her stress differently.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

I get what your saying, i just can't be down with women slapping around their babies.  I will never tell a woman it is ok to slap her baby around ! I just can't do it what happens then next time she gets mad and punches it ? 

Quoting divinedimension:

That is something very upredictable, which is why it is best that stressed moms get support. If we support and educate them, it could save a child from SBS.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Are you saying had she not gotten support she would have further abused the baby?

Quoting divinedimension:

It was easier to support her for the sake of that little baby than to tear her down.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

How about the one who slapped her 7 month old for crying an called him a little bitch? Then updated and said she, thought it was from teething.

Quoting Anonymous:

eh, a mom on here the other day posted that she hadn't slapped her six year old across the face in 4 years now.  do the math.  pathetic.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Quoting Anariama:

I think I was about thirteen or fourteen
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM
I didn't say you said it was okay. People that said or insinuated that is wasn't so bad shouldn't have. You can say it is awful without tearing her down. It was awful and her kid was miserable because she didn't have his teething meds and she was worried about him being still?? At 7 months old?? His behavior and misery was her fault and she took it put on him, I am saying that is not justifiable!

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

I get what your saying, i just can't be down with women slapping around their babies.  I will never tell a woman it is ok to slap her baby around ! I just can't do it what happens then next time she gets mad and punches it ? 

Quoting divinedimension:

That is something very upredictable, which is why it is best that stressed moms get support. If we support and educate them, it could save a child from SBS.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Are you saying had she not gotten support she would have further abused the baby?

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Yeah i don't remember who was but there was alot of people being overly nice about it kwim? 

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

my mom slapped me when I was 3 for not cleaning my room. I'll never forget that. She sat me on the toilet and slapped me hard. It's very scary for a child to get slapped. Even spanked. Why some moms say "it happened to me and I'm fine, so I'll do it to my kids" is unfathomable to me. Hurts to read those posts.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Exactly! That mom continued to get defensive about her actions, even though she was supposedly sorry. If she were truly sorry and understood why it was wrong, she would not have continued to say, "Well it wasn't very hard" and "it was on his diaper." A baby that age has NO idea what's going on....just that mommy is a bitch who is hurting him when he's trying to get comfort from her...

Quoting Anonymous:

While I agree with not tearing her down she spanked her 7 month old in anger and you have no idea how hard or light that was but I bet it wasn't a Tap as it was in anger. She also called in a lil bitch for not being still and listening. She updated with it was his teeth but she has lost his teething meds. She was a mess and her baby deserves SO much better.
People wonder why so many kids are boneheads when they grow up, this kind of behavior is why. Hitting babies and toddlers is NEVER okay or justifiable!!

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

idee
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I look at it like she needs support and to be told she is doing a good job so far. Putting someone down for something they have done does not encourage someone to improve in their lives, unless we are just trying to feel superior.

Quoting Anonymous:

idee
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I agree. My Mom hit me with a belt and now she even cries when she thinks of it. She has apologized to me and I am friends with her because I understand she was abused. But I do not hit my daughter, I do what I wish would have been done for me... I talk to my daughter.

Quoting Owl_Feather:

my mom slapped me when I was 3 for not cleaning my room. I'll never forget that. She sat me on the toilet and slapped me hard. It's very scary for a child to get slapped. Even spanked. Why some moms say "it happened to me and I'm fine, so I'll do it to my kids" is unfathomable to me. Hurts to read those posts.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Because she was truly sorry and asked for help.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Yeah i don't remember who was but there was alot of people being overly nice about it kwim? 

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting divinedimension:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)