Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising her baby has turned my life upside down

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 30 Replies
I'm going to try to make a long story short....5 years ago I was babysitting..I'll call the baby POOH.. She was so beautiful so precious. Her mother dropped her off 3 days in a roll always picking her up on time..On day 4 she was a no show..It was getting late. I gave the baby a bath put her on the couch. Pooh mother never showed. It was 2 weeks later when she finally showed up. (imagine the stress of having to run out and get all that a baby needs diapers, bottles, clothes etc)I wanted to call the police but she was sob and told me how she just couldn't take care of her child. Ask if I would keep the baby. No she didn't no a thing about me. After a long discussion with DH. The baby stayed. Days turned into months..Months to years. She is now 6 years old..I've never been in contact with the mother. She does nothing for the child. She don't call..text..email nothing. I'm ok with that POOH is well taken care of..I love her with all of me. I have raised her as my own..Well low an behold I filed for ChildSupport after having her for 4 1/2 years. I found out her biological mother makes 9,000 a month contracting in Kuwait. She has been on this job for 3 1/2 years never doing a thing for POOH. Not even a dollar or a HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish. Child support located her but because she resides in Kuwait we have no jurisdiction and she will not comply on her own. Anyway just got a letter in the mail..POOH mother is filing to terminate my custody. Don't know nothing about her.Its been 5 years...She don't even call but in a couple weeks ill stand before her in a courtroom..She wants custody to avoid paying child support. I pray the judge serves POOH justice. I really think its parents like her who should be in jail. 9,000 a month for the last 4 years and haven't even said hello to POOH.. Now you want her back to avoid child support..The nerve of some people. We are the people who have unspoken stories. Raising kids out the kindness of our hearts and for the love and well being of the child.. My story goes untold. But my life is real..I'm a 365 24/7 parent to POOH. 5 years no financial support, no welfare or food stamps. Just love from my heart and taken care of right out of my own pockets and for her I would do it all over again.. I pray POOH is able to stay with the only family she knows? Until her biological mother makes a true effort to be a significant part of her life....I do wish she would be there Pooh needs her love. I try to keep every avenue open but she refuse..Then turn around and say its me who keeps Pooh from her..It's nothing I can do if she only calls once every 9-10 months..She's so unfit...I promise all I can do is pray for her and keep moving forward with my life......

Sorry for the run on sentences. I'm on my iPad.....
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Good luck. If there was never any paperwork done legally naming you as the child's guardian the judge will probably order you to return her to the mom. Don't be surprised if mom tries to say you kidnapped the baby or some crazy bs. I hope you have proof that mom said you could raise the baby.

Btw you did an awesome thing for this child and I don't think her mom should get anything but every other weekend visitation.
Titana
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I agree with the pp. U did the right thing and I hope justice prevails for u and POOH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goofygadget
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this
This is one that I will surely be looking for updates on. You're an amazing person for loving and taking care of Pooh for all these years. You deserve all the support you can get. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Hope you have a good lawyer! Good luck. You have a huge heart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrettyBrownTy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:02 PM
I was granted legal guardianship by the judge in Aug 2009.. It's still valid unless the judge changes it.. I've had the baby since Sep 2008
nf1
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ta2dirishlass
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Good luck!

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

She can be charged with abandonment. Get a lawyer and file for adoption

stressedmama24
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM
2 moms liked this
U are a strong and amazingly wonderful woman for taking care of POOH. I think u deserve to be her mama. I have major respect for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momNstinks
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I would of never went after cs if I were you. I'm not saying you were wrong for doing so, you definitely SHOULD be getting cs from her, especially making that much money. But going after it was like poking a sleeping bear. However, I do hope things go in your favor and that you are able to keep raising Pooh and that the judge will grant you the cs she needs.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured