Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Raising her baby has turned my life upside down

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm going to try to make a long story short....5 years ago I was babysitting..I'll call the baby POOH.. She was so beautiful so precious. Her mother dropped her off 3 days in a roll always picking her up on time..On day 4 she was a no show..It was getting late. I gave the baby a bath put her on the couch. Pooh mother never showed. It was 2 weeks later when she finally showed up. (imagine the stress of having to run out and get all that a baby needs diapers, bottles, clothes etc)I wanted to call the police but she was sob and told me how she just couldn't take care of her child. Ask if I would keep the baby. No she didn't no a thing about me. After a long discussion with DH. The baby stayed. Days turned into months..Months to years. She is now 6 years old..I've never been in contact with the mother. She does nothing for the child. She don't call..text..email nothing. I'm ok with that POOH is well taken care of..I love her with all of me. I have raised her as my own..Well low an behold I filed for ChildSupport after having her for 4 1/2 years. I found out her biological mother makes 9,000 a month contracting in Kuwait. She has been on this job for 3 1/2 years never doing a thing for POOH. Not even a dollar or a HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish. Child support located her but because she resides in Kuwait we have no jurisdiction and she will not comply on her own. Anyway just got a letter in the mail..POOH mother is filing to terminate my custody. Don't know nothing about her.Its been 5 years...She don't even call but in a couple weeks ill stand before her in a courtroom..She wants custody to avoid paying child support. I pray the judge serves POOH justice. I really think its parents like her who should be in jail. 9,000 a month for the last 4 years and haven't even said hello to POOH.. Now you want her back to avoid child support..The nerve of some people. We are the people who have unspoken stories. Raising kids out the kindness of our hearts and for the love and well being of the child.. My story goes untold. But my life is real..I'm a 365 24/7 parent to POOH. 5 years no financial support, no welfare or food stamps. Just love from my heart and taken care of right out of my own pockets and for her I would do it all over again.. I pray POOH is able to stay with the only family she knows? Until her biological mother makes a true effort to be a significant part of her life....I do wish she would be there Pooh needs her love. I try to keep every avenue open but she refuse..Then turn around and say its me who keeps Pooh from her..It's nothing I can do if she only calls once every 9-10 months..She's so unfit...I promise all I can do is pray for her and keep moving forward with my life......

Sorry for the run on sentences. I'm on my iPad.....
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
trebelcleff
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

What's done is done... however if having the child stay with you is your true intention, perhaps you should seek adoption instead of cs... it will show that you care more for the child than for the money her bio mom SHOULD be providing for her care and that you are willing to give up that money to do what is best for that child.  I hope a judge laughs in that "mother's" face about her suddenly wanting to play mom to Pooh... it's the biggest bunch of obvious bull and she should be ashamed of herself.

mamakin616
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I wish you all the luck in the world,and you are truly an angel in this little girls life. I would look up the laws on abandonment in the state where you live and also have all of the paperwork from the previous court dealings where you were granted guardianhip and have them at hand for the judge that is presiding over this case.Have you always lived in the same place? Had the same phone number ? This is important in the event the mother tries to say that you have kept the child from her. What ever you may have for evidence to show that you never did anything but love and care for  Pooh as your own you need to bring,pictures ,church records, anything. I hope she gets to stay with you.

Mrs.H15
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Pooh is a lucky girl!! I wish you only the best!!
vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Wow! What a story.

I hope it all works out for the best and POOH gets to stay with you. You are her family. Have you explained any of this to her yet?

Her "mother" is a sorry excuse as a parent. I hope the law does not fail you and her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrettyBrownTy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:01 PM
To answer a few question...I've never shut Pooh biological mother out...I leave open every avenue for her to be there...She willingly chooses not to... But just like most parents who leave there children she blames me..Says, I should call, email her, keep her up to date..I agree..if she was meeting me half way..Can't squeeze blood out a turnip. I knew opening a CS case would open a can of worms.. But ChildSupport should most def be enforced on parents such as herself..Fully capable but does nothing for their children..In the last 4 years bio mom has had a tummy tuck, lippo, she's married, makes 9 grand a month, she has a full life and POOH is no where in that equation.. How selfish?
PrettyBrownTy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Pooh doesn't know her biological mother..when she calls she refers to her by her first name and thinks she's her friend that's call and says I love you every now and then..She's so distant. Pooh don't have a clue of the tangled web she's in..She knows one mommy and that's me.. Always have since I taught her to walk and talk.....She was just shy of 1 year old when bio mom left her..
all2gethernow
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:07 PM
God! Good luck, you wonderful lady!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom10142011
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM

BUMP!

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Wow bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN