Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Turner syndrome post

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I do feel really bad for the mother's losses.. I commented saying that. The I remembered something about Turner's:

Only girl can have Turner's, op said she had a son and daughter die from it... So is she lying?

Turner syndrome is a genetic condition in which a female does not have the usual pair of two X chromosomes.
Causes, incidence, and risk factors
The normal amount of human chromosomes is 46. Chromosomes contain all of your genes and DNA, the building blocks of the body. Two of these chromosomes, the sex chromosomes, determine if you become a boy or a girl. Females normally have two of the same sex chromosomes, written as XX. Males have an X and a Y chromosome (written as XY).
In Turner syndrome, cells are missing all or part of an X chromosome. The condition only occurs in females. Most commonly, the female patient has only one X chromosome. Others may have two X chromosomes, but one of them is incomplete. Sometimes, a female has some cells with two X chromosomes, but other cells have only one.
Turner syndrome occurs in about 1 out of 2,000 live births.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

No, technically, they were a miscarriage by missing that 20th week each by days. at 20 weeks they are still borns.

They were not live births, they were never born.
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Hun you have no reason to explain yourself.  Some of these women can be vicious and no matter what you say they will NEVER believe you anyhow.

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Odds are 1/2000 yet she had two consecutive cases?

No, dear, 1/2000 are BORN with turners. 3% of all conceptions have it, 99% of those are never BORN.

I had joined the military and began working in a motor pool that year (2010) before. All these factors ( the multitude of injects against the weirdest things) can affect how your body let's babies grow. also turners comes from the father, so my dh's sperm are broken ( which I wouldn't doubt).

Again why would I lie about this, of all things?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Was it?  Because that wasn't my take on it.

Technically speaking, the writing was not very good.  In terms of the message, the whole thing just sounded kind of fictional.  It didn't sound like the way that a grieving mother would tell such a story.  Of course, some of the medical details that made no sense didn't help much.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was extremely well written... But it Just doesn't seem plausible

Quoting Anonymous:

I noticed that, too.  Honestly, I was already so creeped out by the way the whole thing was written that I just backed away slowly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM
I still think it's not a true story

Quoting imacafemomer:

Birth means a live child. Iufd is a baby who is delivered not alive

Quoting Anonymous:

Technically they were BORN.. They came out didn't they?

Quoting HerLadyGrey:

No, boys can have Turners syndrome they just can't be born with it.

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe she never got to confirm the sex but felt in her heart it was a son?

He had a nub, that would have been a penis.
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Theres a version of Turners called Noonan syndrome that occurs in males, but it's so similar that it's commonly just referred to as Turner's. It also has common symptoms that are consistent with what she described, like the webbed neck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM
That's what I mean.. It's a great STORY, sorry, wrong way to say it

It was kind of like reading a fictional poem, kind of all over the place and super dramatic

Quoting Anonymous:

Technically speaking, the writing was not very good.  In terms of the message, the whole thing just sounded kind of fictional.  It didn't sound like the way that a grieving mother would tell such a story.  Of course, some of the medical details that made no sense didn't help much.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I noticed that, too.  Honestly, I was already so creeped out by the way the whole thing was written that I just backed away slowly.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Can someone direct me to the post in question?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM
So she should've called it Noonan not turner's

Quoting LucyHarper:

Theres a version of Turners called Noonan syndrome that occurs in males, but it's so similar that it's commonly just referred to as Turner's. It also has common symptoms that are consistent with what she described, like the webbed neck.

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I really fucking love when people assume they know how people grieve....or "should" grieve.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)