Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my daughter should have been an only child :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
She was almost 3 when her brother was born she is almost 5 and still has not adjusted. Each day is worse than the last. She hates him and tells him this everyday. She will play with him but so quickly gets annoyed and wants nothing to do with him. Its really sad because he always wants to play with her but I have to keep them separated because when she gets annoyed she will get angry and hit and hurt him. I've tried everything but nothing changes. When she is alone with me and my husband she is perfect and behaved but when he is around she is so unbelievable. I cry most days. I really blame myself because I had another baby before she was ready. Now don't get me wrong I love both of my children so much. Idk has anyone had any experiences similar?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:57 AM
9 moms liked this
I'd be taking a lot away from her . She does not get to dictate your life or be disrespectful .you need to take control . Either she plays nice and gets along or she spends lots of time alone .
BShip2010
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:57 AM

This is what I'm worried about with DD if I was to ever have another baby..  Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM

She should have been an only child.

LucyHourglass
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:59 AM
its normal. my brother and i nearly killed each other when we were little. she will adjust eventually, even if it isnt until they are 20. sibling rivalry is totally normal, they still love each other deep down they just have a weird way of showing it.
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't worry. But I would get on her ass about her attitude. My middle son took a whole year before he acknowledged his little brother.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

my mom used to MAKE us play together. like lock us in a room and yell GET ALONG! it didnt always work. but you bet if either of us were ever in trouble, the other would come and help immediatly. we loved each other, we just annoyed the FUCK out of each other. it might help to get them involved in some sort of activity or sport together - make them work as a team.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, your daughter doesn't get to decide how large your family is. You did nothing wrong. Perhaps she needs some form of counselling or even something as simple as special mother daughter time out together. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM
This is reason #45 that I have an only.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I got nothing...bump for help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)